Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing about him. He has no desire which rightly or wrongly will rub off on the players.

He wants to do the whole stern thing which is fine, but you need the respect from the players.

Fergie proved that shouting and throwing will be tolerated because the players Respected him and he had fight and the tactics to show the players he is probably right.

RonKo just comes across as a guy who plays the blame game and isn't arsed about the team really. I wouldn't run through walls for him or even want to prove him wrong.

But that's just my opinion

I really don't understand your logic, if Koeman isn't going to take us anywhere then why suffer another 18 months of the guy? They could sack him now, put Unsworth in charge and evaluate the situation in the summer. Leaving Koeman in charge, wasting money and damaging the club isn't doing anyone any good.
Because sacking Koeman right now and bringing in Unsworth, a man with zero practical knowledge of management in anything even close to the premier league could ultimately lead relegation. Let's leave fantasy alone here, under Koeman the worst we'll get is lower mid table and while that's clearly unacceptable it's better then taking the risk of possible relegation under Unsworth!

Some blues it seems would rather live in fantasy world and fool themselves into believing that Rhino will change things and deliver results that simply won't happen. I'm happy to see Koeman go but only if we have somebody better who is guaranteed to deliver improved results. Everyone needs to stop pretending this will happen under Unsworth based managing a youth side and one single throwaway game vs Norwich two seasons ago! I'd love Rhino to be our boss some day but your all living in a 'kin dream world if you think he's ready for it right now.

1ws8wo.webp

Asked if he was worried about his future, Koeman said: 'No. No. Not worried. Why do I need to be worried? Because the fans are unhappy? No. All teams spent more. Huddersfield spent £35million. We spent £50-£45m.'

He then chuckled with incredulity when asked if results had caused him to lose sleep. 'I should be worried about my future?' Koeman asked. 'I'm not worried because I believe in myself and the players. If the club makes another decision, it is up to the club. If I am worried, how can I live? Enjoy life!

'I was s*** after (Limassol) but now I'm different. I'd like to finish the contract (which ends in 2019) but I'm not worried. If you worry, there's no life. There are 20 Premier League clubs, 20 managers. Maybe 10, 12, 13 worry every day.

'If I'm not good enough, they (Everton) will get another one. I do my best. If it's not good enough, it's not good enough. I was at Valencia for six months. It happens to everybody: Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Mourinho.'

YES RONNY LAD

Asked if he was worried about his future, Koeman said: 'No. No. Not worried. Why do I need to be worried? Because the fans are unhappy? No. All teams spent more. Huddersfield spent £35million. We spent £50-£45m.'

He then chuckled with incredulity when asked if results had caused him to lose sleep. 'I should be worried about my future?' Koeman asked. 'I'm not worried because I believe in myself and the players. If the club makes another decision, it is up to the club. If I am worried, how can I live? Enjoy life!

'I was s*** after (Limassol) but now I'm different. I'd like to finish the contract (which ends in 2019) but I'm not worried. If you worry, there's no life. There are 20 Premier League clubs, 20 managers. Maybe 10, 12, 13 worry every day.

'If I'm not good enough, they (Everton) will get another one. I do my best. If it's not good enough, it's not good enough. I was at Valencia for six months. It happens to everybody: Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Mourinho.'

YES RONNY LAD

As cocky and arrogant as he is, you can't help but admire the confidence and class he oozes with his winning mentality. Really hoping we turn this around.

As cocky and arrogant as he is, you can't help but admire the confidence and class he oozes with his winning mentality. Really hoping we turn this around.

Indeed.

We are incredibly lucky to have such a confident, classy, talented fellow at the helm.

There is absolutely no doubt Ronald will turn this around and have us racing up the league like a bullet ;)

It's all good :dance:

YES RONNY LAD
Swear down goat I'm gonna one bomb him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back