Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked if he was worried about his future, Koeman said: 'No. No. Not worried. Why do I need to be worried? Because the fans are unhappy? No. All teams spent more. Huddersfield spent £35million. We spent £50-£45m.'

He then chuckled with incredulity when asked if results had caused him to lose sleep. 'I should be worried about my future?' Koeman asked. 'I'm not worried because I believe in myself and the players. If the club makes another decision, it is up to the club. If I am worried, how can I live? Enjoy life!

'I was s*** after (Limassol) but now I'm different. I'd like to finish the contract (which ends in 2019) but I'm not worried. If you worry, there's no life. There are 20 Premier League clubs, 20 managers. Maybe 10, 12, 13 worry every day.

'If I'm not good enough, they (Everton) will get another one. I do my best. If it's not good enough, it's not good enough. I was at Valencia for six months. It happens to everybody: Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Mourinho.'

YES RONNY LAD

State of this.

Martin Keown has had a bit to say about Ronald Koeman as well.With that said though i can't stand the man.I think were just plucky little Everton in Martin Keowns eyes.Any man who picks a fight with Kevin Sheedy will always be viewed with disdain by me tbh.

a man with zero practical knowledge of management in anything even close to the premier league could ultimately lead relegation.

RK has practical knowledge of management? Signings - Failure. Tactics - Failure. Personality - Faiiure. Love of Everton - Failure.

I have no idea when RK will be sacked but the next guy should be an internal appointment. These so called foreign experts are so often a scam.

Asked if he was worried about his future, Koeman said: 'No. No. Not worried. Why do I need to be worried? Because the fans are unhappy? No. All teams spent more. Huddersfield spent £35million. We spent £50-£45m.'

He then chuckled with incredulity when asked if results had caused him to lose sleep. 'I should be worried about my future?' Koeman asked. 'I'm not worried because I believe in myself and the players. If the club makes another decision, it is up to the club. If I am worried, how can I live? Enjoy life!

'I was s*** after (Limassol) but now I'm different. I'd like to finish the contract (which ends in 2019) but I'm not worried. If you worry, there's no life. There are 20 Premier League clubs, 20 managers. Maybe 10, 12, 13 worry every day.

'If I'm not good enough, they (Everton) will get another one. I do my best. If it's not good enough, it's not good enough. I was at Valencia for six months. It happens to everybody: Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Mourinho.'

YES RONNY LAD
Sounds like a man that knows he is in deep poop emoji

His reputation is on the line. If he cannot turn this around he will likely never get a big job again, let alone at Barca. His reputation will be in tatters. For such an arrogant so and so that should be huge motivation.

We are definitely not going to be able to attract a top tier manager like ancelloti.

There's plenty out there who would love to manage us.

I agree to an extent with @Saint Domingo about having an evertonian come in and reinstall the squad with what it is to wear the blue shirt. I think just by doing that and getting the crowd right behind them fully will bring positive results.

The utter inability to move the ball forward at present is infuriating the crowd like never before.

Koeman has lost the ability to organize this team. His way isn't working and the only option he has is to throw subs on in the hope they work. It is plain to see he is totally out of his depth at Everton. He just doesn't get us what so ever.

I fear moshiri will cling on to the hope that HIS pick, koeman, will be able to turn this around and give him waaaay to much time for fear of losing face AND millions in compo.

If I were moshiri I would be making that shortlist and sounding them out. Ignoring anything kenwright is telling him

Last edited:
Another thing is this time around we have Steve Walsh in place as director of togger.

I think he will have a big say on our next manager.

If Walsh does pick the manager then it should work favourably regards to transfer targets.

I get the impression that Walsh and ronko don't see eye to eye regards transfer targets hence the reason to being linked with and talking to hundreds of targets but missing out on seemingly each one at a time

What a tit? Did RK actually say this? No-trophy Ron placing himself in the same company as those managers!!

If he said this, it confirms him in my book as a bloke who knows the hard work was done when he managed to negotiate 6 million a year
and get his brother a top job too.

Has RK got the balls to drop Sigi, Morgan and maybe Rooney to play Niasse and DCL upfront?

Part of me still thinks that we have a load of new players who need to learn to play together, like an international team who don't play together week in week out.

We have quite a few new faces.

Perhaps we're being impatient?
You have a point and new signings need time to gel. However the football is dire, there seemed to be no clear strategy regarding player recruitment (3 no. 10s) in the summer and koeman refuses to change a system that is so obviously not working. Personally I think the board will give him to Xmas to change it around.

I told you all last September.

You lot remind me of that scene in the motion picture starring Charlton Heston " The Ten Commandments "

When Moses goes off into the mountains to speak with God, the rubble of people start making a gold statue to worship as a new God.

Remember three years ago people? Moyes was so negative, Martinez is our new lord and so positive, can't wait for the season to start. Fast forward and Martinez chats a load of Tosh and Koeman is the new lord and savior.

You will all turn on him, remember that. You will turn on him.

The Circle of BAWK.

We love Moyes for his honesty.

We hate Moyes for his honesty.

We Love Martinez for his positivity.

We hate Martinez for his positivity.

We love Koeman for his honesty?

What's next????

You will all turn on him.

Remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back