Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its pretty evident that Koeman isn't bothered about what people think of him. Thick skinned and all that. I haven't got a problem with it, or the perceived arrogance of the man, or his pigheadedness etc etc.
What I have got a problem with, is travelling to Goodison Park knowing we're going to set up to keep it tight (against virtually every team regardless of their quality) and go for the win late on (last 20 mins or so).
Its his team now, his tactics and his set up. If he can't get a tune out of these players from minute 1 of the 90 then I'm starting to asks questions of him being the right man.
The only thing I'd say in his defence is that we've completely overhauled the team. Its going to take time (patience has a limited shelf life in the football world). But, I just want to see some signs that we're moving in the right direction and that it may 'click' soon. Not seeing it yet though.

RK has practical knowledge of management? Signings - Failure. Tactics - Failure. Personality - Faiiure. Love of Everton - Failure.

I have no idea when RK will be sacked but the next guy should be an internal appointment. These so called foreign experts are so often a scam.
Well personality and a love of the club have nothing to do with ability have nothing to do with ability so that's just a silly argument to begin with.

As far as his signings they could yet come good under Koeman or a new manager, tactics I'm not even going attempt to defend him he's on his own there!

All very well and good saying we should appoint somebody from within the club because they love Everton but how often does that ever work anywere at a high level? You could very easily destroy us and Unsworth's chance to ever manage again before he even started if things got worse. Your no doubt thinking "get worse?! Things couldn't get any worse then right now!" Well actually yes they could very easily.

ell personality and a love of the club have nothing to do with ability have nothing to do with ability so that's just a silly argument to begin with

How the manager behaves and treats people is not important? Catterick was not liked a whole lot by his players but his teams played with desire. RK's team does not play with a sense of union.

Love of EFC? An employee know if his manager is passionate about his team or just views it as another professional gig. I bet you a quid you could detect the difference if Unsworth or Duncan Ferguson were in the dressing room or if it was RK.

As for things getting worse - EFC are practically out of the Europa League now; Top 6 looks difficult as the manager does not know how to play or who to select; and EFC have CFC in The League Cup away; a loss against Burnley and things can really start to smell.

As for making successful internal appointments there are loads of examples. That is part of my argument; there are no guarantees. RK costs the earth and looks like a rank amateur.

I'm not too sure I agree with him about us "taking chances" and needing to go more route one. If he means "taking chances" is 5 yard square balls to each other then I don't class that as risk taking

In fact I'd say we are the least risk taking team out there, they are all look afraid to try and take a man on, only Vlasic on Thursday looked to do this.

Everton fans urging the team on when a player has 20 yards of space to run into isn't the same as demanding Ashley Williams punt it 60 yards upfield and hoping for a knockdown

For the preservation of himself or just for the sake of the club?

Always for Everton mate.

Don’t like seeing us struggle and the easiest way to sort it is for the man in charge now to do it.

If we were playing nice footy, having a proper go at teams, but still not getting the results, I think the fans wouid be more forgiving.

Also if we could understand what he is trying to do would help too, with his crazy team selections.

I fear it's too late though.

Wins sort everything. It’s just hard to see where a run of them is going to come from at the minute.

I can easily deal with us playing a bit crappy as long as we win. But we’re not.

Hope we sort things out soon.

Always for Everton mate.

Don’t like seeing us struggle and the easiest way to sort it is for the man in charge now to do it.

Wins sort everything. It’s just hard to see where a run of them is going to come from at the minute.

I can easily deal with us playing a bit crappy as long as we win. But we’re not.

Aye, I was hoping for a 'win at any cost' game on Thursday. We can't even do that at the moment.

I'm hoping for the same on Sunday, anything less than a win will be devestating for morale.

If we were playing nice footy, having a proper go at teams, but still not getting the results, I think the fans wouid be more forgiving.

Also if we could understand what he is trying to do with his crazy team selections.

This!

If he used a settled system/personnel then I'm sure the players would settle/gel quicker. I even think lukaku would struggle to get goals in this current set up! The problem is getting the ball into dangerous areas

Also if we could understand what he is trying to do with his crazy team selections.

Losing games then they are bunch of losers. Losing 3-6 or 0-3 means absolutely nothing. There is nothing nice unless Everton win matches.

I read on another teams forum that we have more or less the points expected of us given the teams we have played and on reflection this is probably true.

But the post above sums it up, the way we are playing is dreadful and that is down to the manager with his tactics and his purchases

Thanks Ronald, there's your car..... there's your keys..... now GTFO

Always for Everton mate.

Remember Kevin Keenan's Newcastle team ?

Expensively assembled squad, mad team selections and formations.

But wildly entertaining, even when they got humped.

Even if it was only fun for a short time, before it all went tits up.

Everything that we currently aren't at the moment.

* that's the last time I ever use Newcastle as an example of anything positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back