Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.webp

A good appointment by them tbf
Yep makes sense financially when you have to pay someone off to get a manager without having to pay a fee.

Not sure if we did decide to push the button on Ronald, that we would then go & pay £5 million to a club for his replacement. That leaves tuchel gone, ancelloti probably a dream & unsworth.

I really don't understand your logic, if Koeman isn't going to take us anywhere then why suffer another 18 months of the guy? They could sack him now, put Unsworth in charge and evaluate the situation in the summer. Leaving Koeman in charge, wasting money and damaging the club isn't doing anyone any good.

100%; I cannot take another 18months of this, we suffered enough under the guidance of the last fraud for 2 seasons. That would make a total of 3 1/2 years of 6 of which have been extremely unacceptable.

The board will maybe not move to dislodge him because the fan base is apathetic. We need to keep moving forward, if that means going through a few who simply aren't upto the task, until we find the right manager, so be it.

Rome maybe wasn't built in a day, but they were led by generals who were ruthless, a power play is at hand and we need to seize upon it.

This is utterly ridiculous - can't believe how fickle and short sighted football fans are

Lots of new players + freakishly difficult first few prem fixtures + Europe = a challenging situation. Need to ride it out and the performances will improve. Hopefully get a striker in Jan....

Look how long Mkhitarian took to settle - can't expect Sandro and Klaassen to instantly adapt

Lots to be positive about - signings, young players, stadium, top manager.....get behind them

Interesting. I'm really not sure what to make of it.

Interesting watching him at the moment, he's very fidgety and looks completely uncomfortable in front of the cameras and press. His body language tells me, he knows he is under pressure, what he says to the press and what his body language is saying are polar opposites.

For once Koeman is spot on: our summer net spend was much lower than that of Huddersfield. And it would have been even lower had the Barkley deal gone through.

Net spend, it's just playing with figures, Lukaku went for £90m, what if he had gone for £150m later on, we would have a negative net spend, that does not mean we did not buy any players. We spent and we spent heavily, more than any other Manager has ever had to spend.

Let's not re-write history here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back