Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is utterly ridiculous - can't believe how fickle and short sighted football fans are

Lots of new players + freakishly difficult first few prem fixtures + Europe = a challenging situation. Need to ride it out and the performances will improve. Hopefully get a striker in Jan....

Look how long Mkhitarian took to settle - can't expect Sandro and Klaassen to instantly adapt

Lots to be positive about - signings, young players, stadium, top manager.....get behind them
Thats just a hunch though.

There's been absolutely nothing about our performances so far which has suggested we will improve. People said for about 2 years under Martinez that things would come good, but they never did. Blind faith just doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

I've said before that he should get a little more time to turn it round but he needs to improve things quickly. This isn't a little blip of 2/3 games, we've been poor for about 65% of his time here, having not won an away game for 10 months, gone out of 2 cups early and a couple of absolutely appalling spells where we couldn't buy a point.

I want to see evidence that he can achieve something here, and I want to see it soon.

This is utterly ridiculous - can't believe how fickle and short sighted football fans are

Lots of new players + freakishly difficult first few prem fixtures + Europe = a challenging situation. Need to ride it out and the performances will improve. Hopefully get a striker in Jan....

Look how long Mkhitarian took to settle - can't expect Sandro and Klaassen to instantly adapt

Lots to be positive about - signings, young players, stadium, top manager.....get behind them
Koeman has never been a top manager and simply stating it, unfortunately, isn't going to make it happen. He did nothing out of the ordinary last season, we haven't won away from home since January, his man management stinks, his football is turgid and his signings have totally unbalanced the side.

Stop playing Sandro he is average Championship player

Play 1 of Rooney or Sig

Play Lookman

Ship Klassen

Stop being hard headed and reactive

Or else leave

I wonder if people used to think Diego Forlan was a Championship player? Maybe Sandro just isn't suited to our style of football, although how you can tell already is quite frankly bizarre.

well the team have improved, even against Apolo, we played better, than we did in the very start of the season.

I can only rejoyce in, the fact that DCL, Davies, Vlasic and Niasse is given the chance, to prove themself for the team, and they deliver top quality.

respect to Koeman, for giving them the chance, to prove their worth. And yes, a shame some of the big signings, don't shine through, but hey...

Last edited:
Net spend, it's just playing with figures, Lukaku went for £90m, what if he had gone for £150m later on, we would have a negative net spend, that does not mean we did not buy any players. We spent and we spent heavily, more than any other Manager has ever had to spend.

Let's not re-write history here.
I agree - we can hammer the board about net spend but its down to the manager how he spends over £200 million and lets face it a lot of it looks a waste.

I agree - we can hammer the board about net spend but its down to the manager how he spends over £200 million and lets face it a lot of it looks a waste.

It's a convenient argument for some, despite being a complete untruth. He spent a lot of money, broke the transfer record 3 times I do believe but selling Lukaku for mega money seems to make people think we didn't spend any money. It's simply not true.

I've mentioned it before but my concern koeman is not losing games or the players he picks but the fact he seems to have such a rigid approach.

We can see the tactics don't work and the players can't play as a team. Everyone can see the lack of tempo, pace, basically attack. But koeman seems to think his tactics and system does work and it's the players that aren't making it work themselves. Which is fine when you want them to move more and press more but that isn't the issue now. So it concerns me that koeman will stubbornly play the same system every week with the same poor results and have the only solution of rotating a few of them round and hope the slightly different position on the pitch will work .

Oh come now Barry. It has been mentioned a multitude of times that if we were seeing something to give us hope, I would expect a lot more of us to be more forgiving. At the current time though, it's all at sea, just utter rubbish, that is the cause of the angst.

I've mentioned it before but my concern koeman is not losing games or the players he picks but the fact he seems to have such a rigid approach.

We can see the tactics don't work and the players can't play as a team. Everyone can see the lack of tempo, pace, basically attack. But koeman seems to think his tactics and system does work and it's the players that aren't making it work themselves. Which is fine when you want them to move more and press more but that isn't the issue now. So it concerns me that koeman will stubbornly play the same system every week with the same poor results and have the only solution of rotating a few of them round and hope the slightly different position on the pitch will work .
In football, as in most things, the system accounts for about 80% of performance, players 20%. Put the right system in place, even with players of a lower quality and you'll out perform a poor system with better players. I think we've got the makings of a good side if played in the correct way, Koeman's spent big money on the wrong players and then put those players in a poor system. Result - complete mess.

It's a convenient argument for some, despite being a complete untruth. He spent a lot of money, broke the transfer record 3 times I do believe but selling Lukaku for mega money seems to make people think we didn't spend any money. It's simply not true.
Ok, but transfer records, are made to be broken, in these times. Nothing special about that. What was the most? 450mill, for Gylfi? Is that a lot, in PL, in your eyes? Or did i miss the point?

Yes we spend a lot of money, but what is your point in that?

Change is definitely needed. We haven't had a single performance all season where you can say we played well.

I'm not saying the Ronald leaving is the change needed, but he needs to review his tactics. That result and performance on Thursday was a disgrace.

We were much better when the subs came on, just like the Bournemouth game, so why doesn't he start the game with that set up?

Vlasic showed the difference is makes when we have an option out wide. I literally can't get my head around Lookman being left out again either because Vlasic and Lookman on either side could be a really effective approach for us.

We have 4 players every match with an identical average position, there's no wonder that we never have any options because they're tripping over each other all game.

Burnley are going to be a tough game and our current playstyle will be bread and butter for them. If we don't change it up I'm certain we won't come away with the 3 points.

Ok, but transfer records, are to be broken, in these times. Nothing special about that. What was the most? 450mill, for Gylfi? Is that a lot, in PL, in your eyes? Or did i miss the point?

Yes we spend a lot of money, but what is your point in that?

I'm afraid I don't follow your point? Are you saying £45million is not a lot of money for Everton? I'd say it is very special having never seen so much money spent on one player before? You need to be clearer, although I understand, English isn't your first language.

All of this is true but he isn't helping himself with his set up and constant chopping and changing. The team looks uncomfortable and cluttered centrally. Also he has his favourites regardless of form.

I'm afraid I don't follow your point? Are you saying £45million is not a lot of money for Everton? I'd say it is very special having never seen so much money spent on one player before? You need to be clearer, although I understand, English isn't your first language.
Well, it is a lot of money ofcouse, but the prices are staggering. As a team, our most expensive player is Siggy Stardust, and compared to the top six, (where we want to be), it does not seem like a whole lot, in that perspective.

Also, if you make an average, of the player cost, during the summer window, i think we are decent. And also the club, has no debt, soo yes, i think personaly that it looks alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back