Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is we're an established PL side now and no manager in the world is likely to play a lot of those at once; there's too much financial risk if it goes wrong. We could say "Unsworth will play them all" but there's no way he'd come in and bench a load of senior players with the big wages, would cause too much upset.

I don't really know what the answer is anymore to our troubles.

We don't need to play them all at once, but we do need to find a manager able to develop a system which allows us to get the best out of them and gradually replace older players with more young lads of top quality.

We need a major clearout which didn't really happen in summer.

Hand on heart - nope he probably wouldn't - because i suspect we wouldn't offer him what he would require in terms of funding in January and next summer.

I never thought the fat Spanish waiter would go Newcastle either though mate. So strange things can happen, most likely though is Ancelotti waits a month or two for the AC mentalist owners to sack their manager and goes back to them.

Unlike Benitez, Ancelotti has no ties to the UK. I think you're right, and he'll just bide his time. In the last seven or eight years he's managed Chelsea, PSG, Real and Bayern, so he's shown absolutely no interest in taking on a "project" such as what taking on Everton would be.

he will go there before that mate, bayern will hire him in a few days i reckon.

How was Tuchel found out at Dortmund, in his two seasons there he outperformed Klopps last three seasons?

He lost his job because he fell out with the higher ups at the club over their selling policy

Do we really have to get into another Tuchel discussion?

Unlike Benitez, Ancelotti has no ties to the UK. I think you're right, and he'll just bide his time. In the last seven or eight years he's managed Chelsea, PSG, Real and Bayern, so he's shown absolutely no interest in taking on a "project" such as what taking on Everton would be.

He does still have a house in London mate, hence i think the West Ham links etc.

And he has frequently talked up his desire to manage in England again (fishing for the Arsenal job probably with that)

Fair points to the rest though - he doesn't strike as a manger who would want anything other than a ready made team which just needs tweaking and tactical changes really, from memory though wasn't PSG when he managed them at the start of their massive funding so in many ways he was the one starting that project?

Come to think of it - know he's loved by the PSG fans apparently so wouldn't shock me to see them bin Emery and get him back in.

Chance of becoming Everton manager - less than 1%, and largely because i don't think we'd even approach him

Wanna be dead annoyed and hate the world?

GettyImages-521560974.jpg

Last time I saw two pr1cks in the same eyeful was last week showering at the gym.

Last 12 games - 6 goals scored, 19 conceded, played 12, won 3, drew 2, lost 7. Basically relegation form over the period of 1/3rd of a season

I dont think you even have to go that much in depth.

Basically if you can not score goals and can not keep a clean sheet (both of which are true for us) then you are doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back