Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has all become rather confusing and depressing. The crux of this matter is down to the board and what patience they show to a truly failing manager, I cannot see him turning this round as he seems to have already lost his recent signings with terrible man management. I also feel the Rooney situation has contributed to the whole malaise around the club. Time to stick or bust!

8328B4D1-3542-4EAE-8ACA-FF19097542AC.webp

Honestly mate I just don't know anymore; I don't rate many managers. I find a lot of them I do like suit only the current team they're at. Favre is good but I have doubts he could translate it over here.

I like Mancini though.

Edit: Example of what I mean - I really liked the look of Alaves last season, manager went to Southampton, he doesn't look up to the task.

Same. I couldn’t pick anyone I’d really want.

Someone with a bit of passion would be a start.

Were showing ourselves to be the small time chumps not sacking him, any of the top 6 clubs would have moved him on a long time ago.

Fine, but the cheap goals came from fannying about in our own box. We didn't do that last season because we just hoofed it forward by and large.

I have always been a big believer in your defence being measured on when they are most needed and yet again they did not pass those tests.

Mate the point of last season was to have an improvement. We got that. It was good to see uz not going down at Goodison to low teams. Defence was always gonna take time to improve. We haven't invested a lot in our defence. Got a new GK and we are seeing his difference. Got another CB as Jags' replacement but never got Baines or Coleman's back up. No surprise most of our goals conceded come from the RB area as its the weakest.

If you ask me, I'd have invested in RWB and LWB like modern teams do.

I don't trust the club to do it right. To have a good plan.

They got lots of money and then placed this manager on the top of their list thinking it was a match for the other big managers in the league. Completely dumb.

Koeman did well last season. He was a smart appointment imo.

However, he seems to have lost the plot lately. Maybe he'll get it back, but I think it's past the point of no return now.

Koeman got Saints consecutive best-ever finishes. That wasn't to be sniffed at and he was what we needed last term.

Koeman did well last season. He was a smart appointment imo.

However, he seems to have lost the plot lately. Maybe he'll get it back, but I think it's past the point of no return now.

Koeman got Saints consecutive best-ever finishes. That wasn't to be sniffed at and he was what we needed last term.

If it was a stabilising appointment to be honest I totally understand it. However Moshiri didnt need to then play it up like an ambitious appointment, when IMO it wasn't.

i believe he just set us up as a more negative team where we have had a lot of players in our defensive third a lot of the time and that naturally led to less goals being conceded.

what I didnt see was the emergence of a strong intelligent defensive unit reading the game well and not giving me the shakes every time we were attacked. yes the goals conceded stat went down but I didnt ever feel last season watching the games that we had an actual good and reliable defence.

Don't you feel the nervousness could have come due to Martinez's style which we had become accustomed to for 2 years. That was not going to change in 1 season was it? Same way in Bobby's 1st season we saw a solid Moyes like defence.

About the intelligence factor, that is what you have DMs for. Schniderlin and Gana's stats for interceptions were very good last year. When you intercept passes, you start your own move forwards there and then. Now compare that to this season, those two are playing shambles and hence we are struggling. Every good team gets confidence knowing the defence is strong. We not only have a weak defence thanks to injuries and not investing there or not getting players across the line but ohr attack is weaker too. Some of it is due to Koeman I agree but there are other factors like Walsh and the board as well which people ignore.

The squad needs ripping up and starting again. Bit of a blow as we've just done it.
I don't think the best manager in the world gets this squad anywhere near the top 6.

Just result of "smart" transfer and fight btween Walsh and Koeman... who will make more deals. Nobody from them two, cared about club actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back