Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bluestevon @Nymzee

Why do you guys love / hate Tuchel?

How about Nagelsmann or Jardim?

Read an article about him years ago whilst he was in his 2nd season at Mainz i think, and loved his ideas about the game, he's innovative and a very modern manager mate, wanted him here before we got Martinez and he went to Dortmund

Plays a high energy game - pressing, Likes to play attacking footy, good organizer of a defence, plays kids and trusts them, doesn't stand for any [Poor language removed] from the board - hence calling out Dortmuind after broken promises, improves players he works with

Nagelsman is basicallty Tuchel after his first season at Mainz level - could go on could struggle more of a gamble, Jardim - part of me thinks he got amazingly lucky at the quality of players Monaco recruited and so many of the younger ones becoming world class effectively

I think Holgate at CB would be even worse tbh.
But yeah Gylfi behind DCL or Niasse and 2 genuine wide players, Davies next to Gueye in midfield. That would give us our best shot of 7th.
7th!? Are you kidding? We should be focusing on the club's around us at the moment. We are getting well beaten by Burnley at home. We are never getting anywhere near 7th with this clown in charge. People need to get real, our performances are dire. 7th!

It's so completely unbalanced. Let's say Koeman goes, the next manager is going to look at that team and think "holy hell that is a rebuilding job".

It's nowhere near that bad mate.

Barring a top class striker and a left back, our squad, when everyone's fit, has a reasonable balance to it. The lack of balance we're seeing in games is totally different to a lack of balance in the squad.

Koemans attitude and comments are unhealthy for team spirit. Think players sense that now. I swear Sigurdssons facial expressions and body language told it all.

If we dont sack Koeman now Moshiri will look weak.

Hello Finners...!!

This is some funny situation we are in!! Haha.

It's like someone played football manager in the real world and none of the players know what to do, so just run round for 90 minutes just blagging it because they are actually good players.

Just goes to show that you could pick a world 11 and they might not quite click, or have a [Poor language removed] manager.

Hope Everton aren't bringing you down too much mate, although I did cry a little earlier.

Oh there is definitely blame all round. If you note my comments I am not even blaming Koeman for this bad start to the season or even talking about it much. I don't like that some fans loved him last season, were on cloud nine in the summer when we started spending money but now after just a few games are looking for him to be sacked.

I am only interested in the long term and where we are going. I didn't agree with this appointment at the start and don't believe in him one bit when it comes to achieving success.

I don't think people should be wanting to sack a manager who had a decent first season just because he has had a crap start to the season whilst bedding in lots of new players. They should want him sacked because he is in general a slightly above average manager that shows no ambition.

I totally agree with everything you just said there. Right now we are struggling due to multiple factors. Koeman is just one of them and the most convenient person to blame. Us fans have very short memory. Some of us will now even take Bobby back. Then when Koeman is sacked and the next ones ia stubborn we'll start acknowledging Koeman's honesty and that he used to change his formations if they did not work and used to sub players at HT if he was not impressed, and that he used to drop Rooney too as its about the squad.

Koeman is not the long term answer. He hasn't shown me that he can compete with the big guns in terms of team mentality and tactics. But he has a strong personality that a good manager needs. He may even improve as time goes on. For us, his appointment was meant to restabilize us which Bobby had undone, get us near top 6 and challenge for UCL atleast so by the time our stadium is ready we can make bigger moves in terms of more investment and better players. That would mean us having a right to demand more success and hence we would be in positions to sack managers if they don't fulfill their promises because we will attractive enough. Right now just cos we spent 150 M and 45M net does not mean we have a right to finish near top 4. Football has changed. 150M honestly means nothing when 1 good player now goes easily for 50M or more.

This team is lacking in confidence badly and some of the signings are not performing. Some of the signings we missed are hurting even more and for that Walsh and the board need to take responsibility. We need to be patient and support our team and the manager in this difficult period. End of the season we can reassess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back