Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, let's strive to finish 4th so we can enter a competition the following season that we'd have zero chance of winning, and would probably bad-mouth it as fixture congestion into the bargain.

Football is all about winning shiny silver pots. We have absolutely no chance of ever winning the CL, nor would I proffer that we should be xoectong to win the league title (Leicester were a one-off, let's be honest).

Finishing in a CL or EL qualifying spot doesn't appear on the Roll of Honours: a League Cup win does.

And anyone who was there in Rotterdam or at Wembley to see us lift silverware - and then go on a massive 48-hour bender to celebrate - wouldn't swap that for a 4th placed finish.

All really besides the point.

Koeman put out a side on Tuesday that was strong enough to beat Norwich.

Nobody played well and we got beat.

It happens. It doesn't have anything to do with weaker sides or disrespecting cup competitions. It's just football.

Main thing now is the reaction on Saturday.

WHAT???!!!!

you heard me.

or put another way..

We've finished in the bottom half of the league for 2 seasons running and it affected our ability to recruit at the level we were trying to this summer

Of course the league is our priority this year, anyone suggesting otherwise is in dreamland

That doesn't mean we should ignore the cups, and last night was a disappointing defeat, but our primary objective is to get the club back up competing with the cream of the best league on the planet.

We've finished in the bottom half of the league for 2 seasons running and it affected our ability to recruit at the level we were trying to this summer

Of course the league is our priority this year, anyone suggesting otherwise is in dreamland

That doesn't mean we should ignore the cups, and last night was a disappointing defeat, but our primary objective is to get the club back up competing with the cream of the best league on the planet.

True this, Martinez has done a lot of damage to how we are perceived, under Moyes we were often seen as a side pushing above our weight, under Martinez we were seen as a side who are basically rubbish!

The signs are already there that Koeman can and will turn this around but it will take the whole of this season to do it, even thou we still need more players I cant see us doing a hugh amount in January either.

The money is there and the work is going on behind the scenes but it will take time, but now we know there is light at the end of the tunnel, things are on the up despite Tuesday.

Quickest pre-game press conference ever, gave nothing away. Would have liked him to say it was nowhere near good enough against Norwich but he didn't. Fingers crossed Valencia, Cleverley, Mori and Barkley are nowhere near the XI on Saturday.

What's amusing is that under BKs reign no one would doubt that phantom bids were the order of the day; now it's seen as sacrilege...even though the feller hasn't spent a red cent so far.
Way to avoid the specific example given, where the manager of the players current club confirmed both the offer and the players rejection of our advances.

That's what 2 seasons in the bottom half of the table does for how you're perceived in the game David.

Like Witsel who the Zenit manager confirmed had rejected us after them accepting a bid you mean?

Yeah right oh.
Be interesting to see if we would have signed Gueye if we had bought witsel. The form of Gana made me forget about the central midfield being a priority in the summer. Forget the price tag, although they are different types of player, I highly doubt witsel could have played better or influenced games to the extent Gana has and to be honest I do rate witsel.

What's amusing is that under BKs reign no one would doubt that phantom bids were the order of the day; now it's seen as sacrilege...even though the feller hasn't spent a red cent so far.

You have to be the biggest troll on here.

It's that or you are the most negative and pessimistic Everton fan there is.

You would find fault with the painting of the walls just because.

True this, Martinez has done a lot of damage to how we are perceived, under Moyes we were often seen as a side pushing above our weight, under Martinez we were seen as a side who are basically rubbish!

The signs are already there that Koeman can and will turn this around but it will take the whole of this season to do it, even thou we still need more players I cant see us doing a hugh amount in January either.

The money is there and the work is going on behind the scenes but it will take time, but now we know there is light at the end of the tunnel, things are on the up despite Tuesday.
If we need players and the money is there why don't you see us buying in January. Surely that's a good time to get players at champions league teams who are either out of favour or been knocked out of the competition.

Same folks worrying about the age of our starting 11 and the negative effects it may have on us long term are now bemoaning the focus on league position and how it should improve our long term prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back