Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just normal operating activity for a team that sacks one manager and employs another.

There really has been nothing earth shattering so far. Will this feller eventually step up? Quite possibly. But so far I'd mark him at 4/10.
Sackibgban unpopular manager is usual course but approaching a rival club and removing their high profile manager is not usual action.

He spent no money, had a negative net spend in fact and him sacking a manager that was terrible for two years doesn't impress me. This summer has exposed Moshiri for the chancer he is.
Seems an angry response to a fairly measured summary. I'm not pouring support on thick for Moshiri, but he's had one window. He clearly, independently via assessment, has greater wealth than Kenwright, he bought the club when others have not and let's not wash over the fact that he has played a hand in Arsenal over recent years. I'm not sure we can either herald him as a saviour or chanced yet.

Seems an angry response to a fairly measured summary. I'm not pouring support on thick for Moshiri, but he's had one window. He clearly, independently via assessment, has greater wealth than Kenwright, he bought the club when others have not and let's not wash over the fact that he has played a hand in Arsenal over recent years. I'm not sure we can either herald him as a saviour or chanced yet.
Jury's out but I'm starting to get a bit more positive about the noises coming regarding the stadium. Ultimately if he does a good job with that I will be happy. I never expected much in terms of the squad until the media started going on about it.

You were fulsome in your praise of Martinez after a 0-0 draw at Cardiff, yet this guy gives us our best start in almost 40 years and he only gets a 4/10, to think it was on 6 months ago you said

'God bless you Roberto Martinez'

After a 3-1 win at Villa (terrible version of Villa)

Yet 4/10?

Laughable, it's also quite interesting that on Saturday after a 3-1 victory over Boro, you managed 1 post in this thread all night, yet you've been on the rampage for days after his first defeat, waiting to pounce, I said straight away that it was your time and to embrace it, you told me to 'pack it in' looks like I was right and you simply couldn't wait to dig your claws in, fortunately I doubt anyone will take it too seriously.

What's it like hoping Everton lose so you can vent your spleen? I know your likely answer will be that I did it with El Pricko, but it wouldn't be true as I enjoyed every victory under RM, no matter how rare. I may have even started a thread on it, yet you have nothing good to say about Everton when they win and seem to revel in the bad times.

Odd odd behaviour. But different strokes for different folks, I hope we put in a full 90 minute performance at Bournemouth and have a nice and comfortable win. You may even raise your score to 4.25/10 although I doubt you'll even post.

Unless we lose of course.....
Oh boy. You do realise I was referring to Moshiri dont you?
giggle_80_anim_gif.gif

I think for many the fact that he promised greater spending (still does) by virtue of superior wealth to Kenwright, sacked an increasingly unpopular manager and publicly chased and secured a manager that many fans and media consider to be elite, while not earth shattering, is hardly 'nothing'.

Surely an "elite" manager would, by extension, be considered earth shattering :blush:

Hmmm.

Emery would have been impressive/audacious. Pursuing Koeman and landing him was tenacious. Let's not kid ourselves Koeman is already top draw.
High profile is not top drawer. You said yourself Witsel is hyped but not all that..I think Koeman is a massive improvement on Martinez but in my opinion he's not elite - but its the perception that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back