Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd have snapped someone's hand off for this start in May but I'm not feeling overly positive about us overall.

Barkley is going through a crisis in confidence and he's not influencing games. I'd be amazed if Barry can maintain his form from last year given his age. Also expect Gueye's performances to level out over the coming months.

Bolasie is the one that grates on me the most. For that kind of money I really think we should've got a far superior player. That's not fault of his of course but I just don't think it's an opportunity wasted.

For us to do well this year there needs to be a real emphasis on hard work/the defensive game. Right now our quality isn't going to carry us through.

Well Tim, when this was happening last season we were told Bobby was to blame for not motivating the players.

There now seems to be a distinct lack of motivation out on the pitch.....not just tonight.

Boro was a snoozefest until they scored and roused us for fifteen minutes.

then it went back to snooze control in the second half.

That stems from the manager.

It obviously stops with Koeman. But I think he demands much more. He is a pressing manager. Some of our players just either can't press or do it badly leaving huge space behind our midfield.

But as I've said, regardless of style or philosophy, or hard work off the ball, he needs to give us a threat. We carry precious little and it's concerning.

It obviously stops with Koeman. But I think he demands much more. He is a pressing manager. Some of our players just either can't press or do it badly leaving huge space behind our midfield.

Yes....and that being the case he needs to look for an alternative way of playing when the players we have can't play the way he wants.

Lord knows we are paying him enough.

Yes....and that being the case he needs to look for an alternative way of playing when the players we have can't play the way he wants.

Lord knows we are paying him enough.

I'll be critical of Koeman on nights like this where he deserves it. But I'm going to give him some slack this season because he simply wasn't backed in the window and given what he needed.

It's utterly disgraceful how the board left the squad at our disposal. And hopefully the clappers soon come to their senses and realise we were sold a lie

I'll be critical of Koeman on nights like this where he deserves it. But I'm going to give him some slack this season because he simply wasn't backed in the window and given what he needed.

It's utterly disgraceful how the board left the squad at our disposal. And hopefully the clappers soon come to their senses and realise we were sold a lie

I can't help but compare that game tonight with the corresponding fixture last season.

That ended 1-1 as well.......but on that occasion Palace were lucky to earn their point.

Everton attacked in wave after flee flowing wave......I think we rattled the woodwork three times.

Tonight I thought we were lucky not to lose.

I can't help but compare that game tonight with the corresponding fixture last season.

That ended 1-1 as well.......but on that occasion Palace were lucky to earn their point.

Everton attacked in wave after flee flowing wave......I think we rattled the woodwork three times.

Tonight I thought we were lucky not to lose.
That game last season should have been 10-1 to us. This one we got out of jail with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back