Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to tell at the moment. We've done well increasing the energy levels and getting behind the ball, but we almost dont exist as an attacking force anymore. In attack it looks to me that we dont construct moves, we just get the ball into space further up the pitch and then take it from there. I dont see much thought going into it. That part of Koeman's reign has been hugely disappointing...although the example of his S'ton side from last season (his team rather than the Potchetino team he inherited in his first season there) hinted at what we could expect: they were a team that hit in hope toward Long/Pelle and then piled forward players like Davis and Mane if they could find the legs to support.

Must do a hell of a lot better in that respect.
Bolaise is producing some quality ball from the wing, should have a few more assists.

Centre of the park in the final third, we lack ideas, too much passing sideways and back, easy to defend against is that.

His first job this season was to tighten up that defence. He's done that imo, one of the best defences in the league so far due to us not conceding many shots on target. If we can maintain that then this will cover up our inconsistency going forward as we will nick games by the odd goal.

There's still plenty of work to be done, but the initial signs are still good. We're hard to beat, just lacking a bit of quality going forward which becomes even more apparent when Barry's passing is a bit off as it was last night.

Says a lot to me that Lennon hasn't had any game time in the league so far, he couldhave done the job Cleverly was asked to do last night. A few of our players have to put in some hard work if they want to stay here

I love the way we're expected to be playing total football and ripping everyone apart with such a crop of bang average players.

They shouldn't be average though. A year ago Deulofeu was banging in exquisite crosses for Rom to score, it only looked a matter of time before Ross and Stones became superb, Besic looked full of potential and we seemed to have a glut of defensive prospects in Browning, Galloway and Garbutt set to come through.

Not that it is too late for them to fulfil their potential or that Galloway or Browning have disappointed but the rest of them...

This failure for potential to be fulfilled has IMO taken us bang down to average again as you say

His first job this season was to tighten up that defence. He's done that imo, one of the best defences in the league so far due to us not conceding many shots on target. If we can maintain that then this will cover up our inconsistency going forward as we will nick games by the odd goal.

There's still plenty of work to be done, but the initial signs are still good. We're hard to beat, just lacking a bit of quality going forward which becomes even more apparent when Barry's passing is a bit off as it was last night.

Says a lot to me that Lennon hasn't had any game time in the league so far, he couldhave done the job Cleverly was asked to do last night. A few of our players have to put in some hard work if they want to stay here

Yep I thought Lennon would have been given a start yesterday tbh

Dutch Moyes, I'm actually more concerned that a few of our players seem stuck in last seasons mode and there is no competition for R'n'R.

Come on Blues get it together.

Tell ye lads one or two results go our way over weekend and from he outside we kinda look daft being in melt down especially if we are top four going into the second internationalb break.

If you had of told us three 3rds into last season we'd have gotten Koeman, kept Lukaku and heading into the second break in the top four with one lose - you'd punch that present outraged you in the back of the head. Delorean permitting.

I love the way we're expected to be playing total football and ripping everyone apart with such a crop of bang average players.

Every manager deserves the time to build his own squad, regardless if you are inheriting a good or bad squad. Martinez rode the wave of having solid foundations (Okay his first season was down to his additions too) but his squad and tactics soon got found out the following two seasons.

Considering we didn't have the overhaul of ins and outs we expected in Koeman's first window, for me he's doing a relatively good job with a very average Base squad.

Why is the entire team in the box for opposition corners? We couldn't get out from under the cosh loads of times in the second half because of it.
This isn't something new mate, it's been going on since before Moyes even joined the club and has been one of my pet peeves all this time. I can't fathom the logic of throwing everyone back because it leaves you trapped with nobody to clear to. I certainly don't understand why we'd have somebody the size of Lennon staying back, what difference will he make to any tall strikers? Better to leave him outside the box as with his pace he would make for a good counter attack.

Bolaise is producing some quality ball from the wing, should have a few more assists.

Centre of the park in the final third, we lack ideas, too much passing sideways and back, easy to defend against is that.
Bolasie last night when he set up Gueye: he cut in and had it on his right foot and should have slotted it himself. That's the reason why he has an appalling goal scoring record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back