Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern with Koeman is that he doesn't seem interested in having a playmaker in the team - something I expected him to prioritise in the summer.

I suppose the fact that he doesn't really hang around too long in a job could intimate that he's going to keep looking at pragmatic, short-term approaches, such as packing the team with physical players; however, I'm still hopeful that he simply made the mistake of overrating the creators he inherited, and will look to replace them sooner rather than later.

My only concern with Koeman is that he doesn't seem interested in having a playmaker in the team - something I expected him to prioritise in the summer.

I suppose the fact that he doesn't really hang around too long in a job could intimate that he's going to keep looking at pragmatic, short-term approaches, such as packing the team with physical players; however, I'm still hopeful that he simply made the mistake of overrating the creators he inherited, and will look to replace them sooner rather than later.

If he doesnt play a playmaker just what is Ross Barkley meant to be doing?

From what I can see he normally plays a playmaker at Left Wing, I assume he thought with us having Barkley he would change his tactics to fit Barkley into the side at number 10, rather than playing his normal style which appears to be a "striker" at number 10 and a left wing playmaker.

Im pretty sure he will rectify that issue if not in January then the Summer.

I have been a bit peed off with his recent post match comments, I mean he cant be angry Ronald all the time, but ok, this is not what we want to hear Ronny.
Think he's worked players problem is not that they don't work hard, more that they bit rubbish, 11 new players January please

I detect RK has resigned himself to the reality that he has too many bog average players to implement what he wants done. He is not angry about it any more...just accepting and philosophical.
The squad needs a massive clear out and when opportunity arises to expedite this, Big Ron's angry dissatisfaction with the dead wood in our team will be clearly evidenced I think.
A case of actions speaking louder than words

I detect RK has resigned himself to the reality that he has too many bog average players to implement what he wants done. He is not angry about it any more...just accepting and philosophical.
The squad needs a massive clear out and when opportunity arises to expedite this, Big Ron's angry dissatisfaction with the dead wood in our team will be clearly evidenced I think.
A case of actions speaking louder than words

Yup I get the impression he doesn't think much of this current side

I really don't know how we can fault koeman for these performances. Our defensive shape has mostly been strong and our goals conceded are really low and also fairly fluke-y. Our main problem is our front 3/4 aren't producing. Barkley has been garbage, Deulofeu is going through a rough patch and Mirallas has never managed consistency either. Thank Christ Rom stayed with us, but he really deserves better service.

Bolasie needs to find more options than "roll the ball/cross or sprint down the wing/cross"

I really don't know how we can fault koeman for these performances. Our defensive shape has mostly been strong and our goals conceded are really low and also fairly fluke-y. Our main problem is our front 3/4 aren't producing. Barkley has been garbage, Deulofeu is going through a rough patch and Mirallas has never managed consistency either. Thank Christ Rom stayed with us, but he really deserves better service.

Bolasie needs to find more options than "roll the ball/cross or sprint down the wing/cross"
Maybe because he's the manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back