Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catch them on a day when they're not at the races or their minds are elsewhere as today and some teams outside the elite WILL get all three points.

You don't get them by hiding behind the couch though, that's for sure. You have to be brave.

Now Dave I am not going to give you likes or unlikes on posts anymore. I am going to adopt my own system of plus or negative marks.

Agree. We actually look like we know what were doing and the players know there roles.
Our shape all game was immense, they couldn't break us down with those final balls that count for all their possesion.

Martinez could only dream of organising a side like that.

We have a very solid foundation to build on, Europe is our aim this season and we can achieve it.

Pity he didn't put a big effort in to mount a few attacks. All he's done as far as a I can see is told them both halfs to sit deep and don't play.
We did in the 2nd half Dave, first half we were under immense pressure and held firm, you let me know when a team goes to city and gets the better of the ball, I won't hold my breath.

They have a far superior squad and the best manager in world football, a draw is not to be sniffed at, we aren't the finished product yet, we did well today.

We did in the 2nd half Dave, first half we were under immense pressure and held firm, you let me know when a team goes to city and gets the better of the ball, I won't hold my breath.

They have a far superior squad and the best manager in world football, a draw is not to be sniffed at, we aren't the finished product yet, we did well today.
Barely more second half if truth be told.

We both know that a few teams will go there this season and make a fist of it and get their rewards.

Fact is that City had gone off the boil in the last 2/3 games and were also looking ahead to midweek. We had a chance to get at them but sat back in our own half.

Which was exactly what he had to tell them, do just that and we will be ok
We weren't ok though mate. It was pure good fortune that a point was secured. In actuality the game plan of sitting deep behind the ball invited a hiding we narrowly avoided. 19 shots at goal and two pens.

Let's hope Koeman doesn't repeat that master stroke again eh?

Barely more second half if truth be told.

We both know that a few teams will go there this season and make a fist of it and get their rewards.

Fact is that City had gone off the boil in the last 2/3 games and were also looking ahead to midweek. We had a chance to get at them but sat back in our own half.
We didn't have the dynamic midfield to do it. We did look better with McCarthy on. Him and Gana gave us far more energy but unfortunately zero creativity... Silva & DeBruyne are just a class above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back