Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barely more second half if truth be told.

We both know that a few teams will go there this season and make a fist of it and get their rewards.

Fact is that City had gone off the boil in the last 2/3 games and were also looking ahead to midweek. We had a chance to get at them but sat back in our own half.
They'll win the title easy this season, are a totally different dynamic team under Pep and have spent in excess of half a billion on players since coming to power.

We are in development, couldn't get the players we needed because clown shoes devalued us as a club, we have a solid foundation to build on under Koeman already.

We didn't have the dynamic midfield to do it. We did look better with McCarthy on. Him and Gana gave us far more energy but unfortunately zero creativity... Silva & DeBruyne are just a class above.
Barkley has hurt City in every game he's played against them in my recollection. When your getting pinned as much as we were throwing him in could have put doubt in their minds and had them going the other way.

The day called for a bold decision. What we got was a decision to stick and hold on for dear life. It got us an unlikely point. Just.

They'll win the title easy this season, are a totally different dynamic team under Pep and have spent in excess of half a billion on players since coming to power.

We are in development, couldn't get the players we needed because clown shoes devalued us as a club, we have a solid foundation to build on under Koeman already.
We're always in development mate. It's an old excuse. We make a decision though as a team to either play and win or play and look for some sort of result. We got the latter today.

Barkley has hurt City in every game he's played against them in my recollection. When your getting pinned as much as we were throwing him in could have put doubt in their minds and had them going the other way.

The day called for a bold decision. What we got was a decision to stick and hold on for dear life. It got us an unlikely point. Just.
Yup. Agree. Game was calling out for Barkley. In form or not, their midfield wouldn't be camped in our half if Barkley was around.

Edit: I was suprised Mori didn't come on as soon as Lukaku scored.

Time mate...he is obviously starting pragmatic with a solid Base, the attacking will come..he did he start like this at saints?
He knew what to expect and set us up to deal with it, but hey!, I'm sure we'd rather he went for it, trying to play them off the park against a midfield that looks top 3 in the world and left gaping spaces in behind as we tried to attack and got mullered 5-1, because that's what would have happened today under Martinez.

The only way to take it to city, or any team like that is pressing, and we aren't up to that as a team yet, it's how Spurs beat them, it's how Athletco give Barca and Real nightmares.

Koeman assessed us as a team, assessed them, put in a plan and came away with a point, well done is what I say.

Watching us stand off them when we should have been at them in their faces was not enjoyable, but in time we will change to the way we need to be playing against those top sides.

Oh yeah. He'll need time.
you are talking absolute rubbish mate, City today were relentless, the speed with which they moved the ball was something I have never seen before, they have world class players in every area of the pitch, and many other teams would have been well beaten, the fact we weren't is down to the organisation Koeman has brought back to the team, He is laying a very solid foundation to build on, we will recruit better players, and i would think a few out there today are on borrowed time, all in all he has had a more than decent start. you still crying over Martinez is pitiful, you better get yourself a massive box of tissues cos i reckon Barkley and Deulofeu will be at best squad players this time next year, that's if they haven't been offloaded.

please don't get around the swear filter
Barely more second half if truth be told.

We both know that a few teams will go there this season and make a fist of it and get their rewards.

Fact is that City had gone off the boil in the last 2/3 games and were also looking ahead to midweek. We had a chance to get at them but sat back in our own half.
You clearly know fuc* all about football

Yup. Agree. Game was calling out for Barkley. In form or not, their midfield wouldn't be camped in our half if Barkley was around.

Edit: I was suprised Mori didn't come on as soon as Lukaku scored.

He's not that defensive.

I too thought Ross would come on at some point, but then again loads on here have been screaming for him to be dropped.

Very good point today, regardless of how we got it. You need luck to go your way at times and we didn't play badly at all.

He hasn't yet got the players to play a pressing game like Spurs away at a team like City - or alternatively the players are still learning that side of the game.

Time mate...he is obviously starting pragmatic with a solid Base, the attacking will come..he did he start like this at saints?

Best word of the night.

None of us want our team to roll over and give in, but Koeman if nothing else knows our shortfalls, I don't have his history, knowledge or knowhow.

I'll bow down to his judgement on these matters regarding our capabilities, and those of our opposition.

And therefore to his game plans with the tools (no, the players aren't those before you start, ok, maybe one or two!) he has at in his charge.

6 months ago we had no stadium plans and BK and RM in charge.

Yes, we're still miles behind others, but the futures bright the futures orange!

upload_2016-10-15_22-3-5.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back