Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my big worry.

Not just about Koeman era Everton but about football in general.

Skilful ball players seem to be going out of fashion, replaced by these automatons whom run all day, mostly into blind alleys.
The skilful players are still the ones making the difference at the top end, and I think that will always be the case.

If the long-term plan is to have Lukaku leading the line, then I think the ball has to stick amongst the two or three players that are picked behind him. It's unlikely that we'll see anyone with the quality of Silva or de Bruyne coming in next summer, but that's the mould that I'd like to see Koeman/Walsh looking at.

I hope he changes the squad up a lot in the next two window as I'd prefer not to watch Moyes football for the next two to three seasons. Today was a good result but very hoofy. Understandable if he thinks they are not ready or not good enough to take it to City more, but then get him the squad he wants and as soon as possible so we can all see what this manager has got.

Points total so far good. Performances decent. Solid but not very exciting. Which is what I'd have thought of him before he got the job. Im only expecting average to decent out of him in his time here, but let's see. Long way to go yet of course, but a season of this and I will be longing for a more adventurous manager. Not that I think he will produce a season worthy of the sack at any point, and will support as long as he is in charge.

you are talking absolute rubbish mate, City today were relentless, the speed with which they moved the ball was something I have never seen before, they have world class players in every area of the pitch, and many other teams would have been well beaten, the fact we weren't is down to the organisation Koeman has brought back to the team, He is laying a very solid foundation to build on, we will recruit better players, and i would think a few out there today are on borrowed time, all in all he has had a more than decent start. you still crying over Martinez is pitiful, you better get yourself a massive box of tissues cos i reckon Barkley and Deulofeu will be at best squad players this time next year, that's if they haven't been offloaded.
Pfffft.

City are as good as any side let them to play. Stand off and they'll do exactly what they did today: take control and create lots of chances. On front them as equals like Celtic and Spurs did and you can make it a contest.

Satisfied so far. I hope today's point, even if we got lucky, will be something to build on. We are certainly far more solid defensively which is the starting point. Koeman will be given time here and he knows it, it will take another 2 or 3 windows for him to build his own team.

The results have been good but when we play any half decent team we struggle and end up going long too much.

I think our players are technically better than what they are showing and If it wasn't for Stek, Williams and Rom I would hate to think where we would be.

The results have been good but when we play any half decent team we struggle and end up going long too much.

I think our players are technically better than what they are showing and If it wasn't for Stek, Williams and Rom I would hate to think where we would be.
Spot on mate. They can do a lot better constructing moves than this. They are obviously instructed not to do that.

Eddie howe. That is all. Koeman was a decent appointment but Eddie is the best coach in this division. And a blue. We missed the boat. He'll be bigger than us soon.

he would never accept our fullbacks and centre halfs just launching it. In all seriousness their performance against us a couple of weeks ago as good as I've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back