Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not that defensive.

I too thought Ross would come on at some point, but then again loads on here have been screaming for him to be dropped.

Very good point today, regardless of how we got it. You need luck to go your way at times and we didn't play badly at all.

He hasn't yet got the players to play a pressing game like Spurs away at a team like City - or alternatively the players are still learning that side of the game.

;)

Best word of the night.

None of us want our team to roll over and give in, but Koeman if nothing else knows our shortfalls, I don't have his history, knowledge or knowhow.

I'll bow down to his judgement on these matters regarding our capabilities, and those of our opposition.

And therefore to his game plans with the tools (no, the players aren't those before you start, ok, maybe one or two!) he has at in his charge.

6 months ago we had no stadium plans and BK and RM in charge.

Yes, we're still miles behind others, but the futures bright the futures orange!

View attachment 29934
And that's just it, he does know our shortfalls, where Martinez would believe in fantasy and go all out against any side, Koeman knows when to shut the door away to the title winners and give them a tough afternoon.

I prefer this style of management to two bottom half finishes leaking 55 goals in a season.

Wonder if Southampton hav sent him a couple of freebies for tomorrow so he can go down and scout Burnley ready for next Saturday? Catch up with his old work buddies and all that :)

And that's just it, he does know our shortfalls, where Martinez would believe in fantasy and go all out against any side, Koeman knows when to shut the door away to the title winners and give them a tough afternoon.

I prefer this style of management to two bottom half finishes leaking 55 goals in a season.

Results, results, results,

There are some on here would still moan even if we won the Premiership and Champion League!

He loves R&B

Roberto and Blues

Always lots of blues when Roberto was about
200.gif

He's doing well with the players he has at his disposal.

I would like to there be a Europa push this season, but unfortunately I don't think the quality is quite there yet.

Now I'm just hoping to see a move away from targeting power runner-types and more of a focus on clever footballers in the summer.

I would like to there be a Europa push this season, but unfortunately I don't think the quality is quite there yet.

Now I'm just hoping to see a move away from targeting power runner-types and more of a focus on clever footballers in the summer.

Agreed. So hard to get what he actually wants from the level of players we have so I think I'm impressed so far.

We might, very night, sneak a Europa spot if others balls up around us.

Agreed. So hard to get what he actually wants from the level of players we have so I think I'm impressed so far.

We might, very night, sneak a Europa spot if others balls up around us.
Yeah, it's definitely on the cards if the team can gain momentum at the right times, but I won't be calling for Koeman's head if we end up getting a classic Moyes season.

I don't mind admitting that the style isn't always easy on the eye, but it seems short-sighted to make out that this what the manager is all about.

This is my big worry.

Not just about Koeman era Everton but about football in general.

Skilful ball players seem to be going out of fashion, replaced by these automatons whom run all day, mostly into blind alleys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back