Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on mate. They can do a lot better constructing moves than this. They are obviously instructed not to do that.
It was the same in pre season. Play anyone good we park the bus and hope Rom nicks a breakaway goal.

With our squad it's not hard to understand why he's doing it but like with Martinez there's absolutely no attempt to win the ball until they are in our final third. It's not giving our attackers a chance.

Eddie howe. That is all. Koeman was a decent appointment but Eddie is the best coach in this division. And a blue. We missed the boat. He'll be bigger than us soon.
He's bought really well. I always liked Ibe and Wilshere is still a top player.

I don't think he will be too big for us in a couple of years. It's almost a closed shop with the top 6 and they're also pretty happy with their managers at the moment so that just leaves us next in line.

I would also like him to have another couple of years experience.

We showed a lot of grit and a lot of defiance with that performance.We didn't deserve to win the game but we didn't deserve to lose it either.I think it's something like only 6 league goals we have conceded so far.Koeman has only been here a couple of months.It will be 2 years before he has assembled a squad that is of his own making so taking all that into account.Those stats and the shift we put in yesterday was very impressive.Our attacking play still needs work but that will come in due course.The main focus for now is making sure we are a tough and resilient team to play against.And we are becoming exactly that.
We didn't deserve to lose?

If they had of won 4-0 I don't think anyone would have thought it was an unfair result. We had 28% possession and barely got into their half.

Our attackers barely got the ball from an invisible midfield.

Top priority for Koeman is midfield/attack, DCM who is very good on the ball, playmaker who can keep the ball and link up play, we obviously need a few of these type players because our attacking players just can not get an understanding going and keep the ball, it was the same for Martinez that's why he just focused on passing the ball around the defence until some space opened up and we all know how bad that turned out, we need 4 quality players added but until then Koeman has to focus on picking up as many points as possible however ugly it might look

This is a little how I see it.

"Everton could only have been pleased to turn round on level terms after spending almost all the first half on the ropes. With two tricky wingers in the side in Yannick Bolasie and Gerard Deulofeu they might have been expected to at least try to exploit the space behind City’s extremely notional wing-backs, though in fact they barely crossed the halfway line and never managed to send players forward in the sort of numbers to cause their opponents problems."

Try being the operative word.

We didn't deserve to lose?

If they had of won 4-0 I don't think anyone would have thought it was an unfair result. We had 28% possession and barely got into their half.

Our attackers barely got the ball from an invisible midfield.
Bar the two penos though how many clear chances did they make?. Ichanecho or whatever his name is hardly had a kick, one from Aguero and a long drive from KDB both well saved from Stekkers. It was a good defensive display, yeah they had loads of possession but did little with it.

So a point against city is not good enough now?? Because he setup an absolute defensive rock people are moaning.

Even Pep congratulated us for being so well organised but it's not good enough for people on here.

Should have tried to play city at their game and got beat 8-0, at least we would have tried eh lads???

You angry lad? have a cuppa, we were rubbish.

So a point against city is not good enough now?? Because he setup an absolute defensive rock people are moaning.

Even Pep congratulated us for being so well organised but it's not good enough for people on here.

Should have tried to play city at their game and got beat 8-0, at least we would have tried eh lads???

Absolutely should be hammering these mercenaries by at least five goals and winning the league by Easter playing free flowing attractive football I demand nothing less.

It's so sad that you can't even expect your team to be competitive in a game, how dare we expect the lads to try and win football matches, whatever was i thinking.

Let's just hand them the points, and save the supporters a few bob.

"Everton could only have been pleased to turn round on level terms after spending almost all the first half on the ropes. With two tricky wingers in the side in Yannick Bolasie and Gerard Deulofeu they might have been expected to at least try to exploit the space behind City’s extremely notional wing-backs, though in fact they barely crossed the halfway line and never managed to send players forward in the sort of numbers to cause their opponents problems."

Let's see how many teams get in behind them at their ground. Utd got taken apart at old Trafford.

I wouldn't say it's the smartest tactical approach to throw players forward and let their quality players rip us to shreds.

Rebuilding the defence was undoubtedly the first thing Koeman's had to do when he came in. Stekelenberg Williams and Gueye have all contributed a lot to this. The next phase of Koeman's rebuild had to be the midfield. We could only play one way yesterday because he does not have the pace and power within the midfield to press a team like City. Hopefully we can stay in and around the top 6 by January and look to strengthen this area with quality replacements for Barry and Cleverley. It will take time but if we carry on being one of the best defensive sides in the league then this is a great platform to build success on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back