Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not in so many words, plenty are happy we scraped a draw. The point is a very good one when you take all the bs out. The performance isn't what I want to see from Everton.
Hahaha you've gone from saying that Evertonians (plural) are saying we played well, to saying they are happy with a draw. Has Dave been teaching you how to be all over the gaff and inconsistent?

No, the most successful teams have the tightest defensive records, its not a coincidence you know. We haven't seen that in 2 years here.

I watch EVERTON to see us succeed, and if that means killing games dead so we get a point than I'm happy.

If you want goals and end to end footy then go down Jericho lane on a Sunday morning and watch some togger there

Carrying no threat whatsoever will end in tears most of the time. I'm happy that some of you are happy we played for a draw from minute 1, 7 games into the season. Bravo.

I disagree to be honest mate, I don't think many sides will be set up as well as we were and survive that kind of onslaught.

We were lucky to not concede those penalties, but equally they were silly pens to give away. Jags should know to not stick his leg out behind him like that in the box.

I don't think we'll play like that everywhere we go, but if we do I'll be disappointed. Koeman did it yesterday as he probably saw that City would be too strong coming off three poor performances and looking to bounce back.

I guess we won't know either way until later in the season.
Think you're right that we won't play like that in most away games. Next week are Burnley. Roles reversed I reckon. Next away after that is Chelsea. Hmmm. Could be interesting in terms of set up and approach. I reckon it'll be similar to City game.

Are you aware that the English Premier League consists of 20 different teams? We are one of them, Man City are another and there are 18 other teams, we play them all twice, once at home once away.

To me you seem to think we have been and are going to do this every week.

Not one of our players would get in that team, I also doubt there is an Evertonian who wouldn't swap Koeman for Guardiola, they are in excellent form, especially at home, we have hit a little sticky patch, they up until yesterday were ODDS ON favourites to win the league the 2nd favourites were 5/1 Everton were 6/1 to win yesterday.

This is a note from me on planet Earth to you on planet Fume.

No mate not at all, I've said previous that I only hope he doesn't do this every time we play a sky 6 side. I don't for a second believe he'll do it all the time. However I think he showed Pep far to much respect.

I'm also not fuming, I'm disappointed but trying too make some of you understand why I'm disappointed is proving difficult.

Think you're right that we won't play like that in most away games. Next week are Burnley. Roles reversed I reckon. Next away after that is Chelsea. Hmmm. Could be interesting in terms of set up and approach. I reckon it'll be similar to City game.

If we play like that at Burnley then I'll quit the forum mate lol

I genuinely don't think we'll play like that against the likes of Chelsea. We can match them.

This is impossible, some of you need to take off the blue tints and take a reality check. That performance yesterday was not good enough for where we are aiming to finish, that's it in a nutshell, we surrendered minute 1.

I'm pleased with our defensive organisation and stubbornness, it took a lot of mental and physical strength to get through yesterday. Overall though, even in the circumstances, I don't think we should ever have to play 90 minutes averaging 27-28% possession. That's a PL side against League One in a cup.

That's not a slight on Koeman, but it's as clear as crystal to me that we are talking about the bulk of the squad not being good enough, and that idea even a year ago that we had assembled one of our best ever squads is for the birds. We need to be bringing in another 2 players in January, and then need to see the sort of overhaul that seemed likely last summer, take place next.

There is absolutely no prospect of sustaining a challenge for the Top 4 without serious and sustained investment.

Carrying no threat whatsoever will end in tears most of the time. I'm happy that some of you are happy we played for a draw from minute 1, 7 games into the season. Bravo.

Against Manchester City who are going to throw the majority of teams aside without putting any effort in. We got a point and you're seeing your arse because we didn't stand toe to toe with them. Lol

I've seen Mourinho do exactly the same when he won the league a couple of years back, and he did it in Spain and Italy. Certain games he would setup to just absorb and get a point, 3 if you get a breakaway.

We did play for the win. We went in the lead remember? City held US to a draw. Sitting back, soaking pressure and getting a goal on the break was the only way we would have got anything with the 7th place worthy squad we have.

Who cares if we weren't entertaining for the whole game? Can you even say City were entertaining? Missing two penalties and scoring a header didn't exactly set the world alight, even if they did play well.

Arsed if we sit back in ways that could get us a win when Lukaku produces moments like that. Was playing on the break worth it when you see play like that? Absolutely.

We produced the best, most entertaining move of the match. Know why? Because we scored at the end of it.

Your masterful tactics 9/10 will end up with a hammering, take the luck yesterday because we used a full seasons worth up. Along with a masterclass from our Goalie.

There is a time to park the bus, minute 1 is not it.

Doing it after minute one is to late, if you are going to do that you do it from the first whistle and not a moment later, 0-0 at half time was perfect for us, then change in the second half if possible. Why do you think we havent conceded more then one goal in a league game this season? Because RK is being professional with his tacics, he has nailed when the opposition have the ball.

The tactics were the reason Aguero and Silva ended up in our box with the ball at their feet forcing Jagielka into tackles he didn't want to make.

No what forced him into rash tackles was Jags losing concentration, they had been in the box before that and came into it again, nothing to do with tactics at all.

Hahaha you've gone from saying that Evertonians (plural) are saying we played well, to saying they are happy with a draw. Has Dave been teaching you how to be all over the gaff and inconsistent?

WTF are you chatting, I'm currently debating with a bunch of you who thought we played well. The not so many words comes from people using excuses to justify sitting back for 90.

Against Manchester City who are going to throw the majority of teams aside without putting any effort in. We got a point and you're seeing your arse because we didn't stand toe to toe with them. Lol

I've seen Mourinho do exactly the same when he won the league a couple of years back, and he did it in Spain and Italy. Certain games he would setup to just absorb and get a point, 3 if you get a breakaway.

Show me where anyone has said stand toe to toe, that doesn't mean we can't attack or am i missing something.

Lots of Pulis fans in here who knew.

Doing it after minute one is to late, if you are going to do that you do it from the first whistle and not a moment later, 0-0 at half time was perfect for us, then change in the second half if possible. Why do you think we havent conceded more then one goal in a league game this season? Because RK is being professional with his tacics, he has nailed when the opposition have the ball.

No what forced him into rash tackles was Jags losing concentration, they had been in the box before that and came into it again, nothing to do with tactics at all.

It is. If you're setting up to allow world class talents like Aguero and Silva to be on your box lots of times in the game then you are asking an unreasonable amount from your defenders. They have to be literally perfect, and even then could end up getting done by a bit of skill. They are individual errors but brought about by us not pressuring the ball until they were on the edge of our box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back