Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we do agree the performance was terrible, I disagree we set up to defend, 4-3-3 is not a defensive formation, our front 3 struggled to retain the ball and it just kept coming back.

Pretty much is what happened. I didn't enjoy it and have probably been a bit aggressive in my defense of my own agenda. I just thought I'd seen the last of those days.

Anyway up next, Burnley, time to get back on track.

Just realised that Barcelona are going to use Del's (don't know how to spell his name) buy back clause against us and get koeman for free next year.

From a defensive point of view, we can take a lot of positives from that game. To withstand that much pressure for 90 minutes can only make the lads mentally stronger. Be interesting to see how we set up away to Chelsea the beginning of next month.

Pretty much is what happened. I didn't enjoy it and have probably been a bit aggressive in my defense of my own agenda. I just thought I'd seen the last of those days.

Anyway up next, Burnley, time to get back on track.

I see your argument bud. Large parts of yesterday were not pretty and I'm sure Koeman would have wanted us to create a bit more and keep the ball better. Can't ask much more with the quality (lack of), of our squad.

But it'll come in time. Southampton played some great stuff away from home under Koeman. If we play the same vs City at home or say the same fixture next year then that would be a cause for concern. Onto Burnley like you said, better attacking performance and 3 points expected!

We've just ended City's 100% home record and you're crying that we never stood toe toe with them like we supposedly did last season under clown shoes, when we got a 0-0 they had 22 shots and were denied an obvious penalty. This seasons City is a world away from the plodders that Pelligrini had charge of last year, in case you'd not noticed like.
They have one more point this season after 8 games than last season.

Oh, and ale house club "Glasgow de Celtic" had them rocking all over the place.

Get off your knees and recognise that Everton are better than a dented shield performance at one of the financial elite clubs. Everton aren't serfs, we have dignity. You might do well to remember that.

I'm a pragmatist, there are times when it's sensible to park the bus and hope for a goal on the break and there are times when it makes sense to play more open football.

Yesterday, it was sensible to park the bus. It wasn't pretty, but, barring a couple of brain farts from Jags it was pretty effective. I'm sure we'll do it again over the course of the season. I'd rather come away with a hard earned, though lucky, point than see us playing an open game and get battered. Ideally we'd have gone to the Etihad and pressed them hard for ninety minutes, but we'd likely have run out of legs after 70 minutes.

If we're still regularly parking the bus in the league in two years time then criticism will be valid, but at the moment, I have no problem with it.
You dont have to be naive defensively if you attack. If we'd had a defender with tenacity and leadership qualities last season like Williams then a lot of the games we played and came up just short in against clubs supposedly our superior would have been turned into draws or wins.

It's not a necessity to get everyone behind the ball, it's a choice.

They have one more point this season after 8 games than last season.

Oh, and ale house club "Glasgow de Celtic" had them rocking all over the place.

Get off your knees and recognise that Everton are better than a dented shield performance at one of the financial elite clubs. Everton aren't serfs, we have dignity. You might do well to remember that.
What utter tripe.

They're managed by the best manager on the planet now, and have been scintillating at times already this season

You spent 2 years lauding that utter garbage served up by clown shoes. Suicidal defending, a total lack of game management, chucking away leads, and winning 4 home games all season.

Get off my knees? You spent 2 years on yours in front of your idol

You dont have to be naive defensively if you attack. If we'd had a defender with tenacity and leadership qualities last season like Williams then a lot of the games we played and came up just short in against clubs supposedly our superior would have been turned into draws or wins.

It's not a necessity to get everyone behind the ball, it's a choice.

Roberto didn't sign a center half like Williams though did he? He signed dirge like Alcaraz and Funes Mori.

Get over him lol

Not really sure what some of you were expecting a team which have finished in the bottom half of the league 2 years to do away at City. I agree that we need to do more going forward and we can lack the link between the midfield and attack, but yesterday was not the day to attempt free flowing, attacking football.

We set up to be solid, soak up pressure and hit them on the counter. Guess what? It nearly worked perfectly.

As a unit we defended very well for the most part, including stekelenberg in that.

A point at the Etihad is always a good result for a team whose realistic aspirations are to push for Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back