Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree to be honest mate, I don't think many sides will be set up as well as we were and survive that kind of onslaught.

We were lucky to not concede those penalties, but equally they were silly pens to give away. Jags should know to not stick his leg out behind him like that in the box.

I don't think we'll play like that everywhere we go, but if we do I'll be disappointed. Koeman did it yesterday as he probably saw that City would be too strong coming off three poor performances and looking to bounce back.

I guess we won't know either way until later in the season.
Mate, we looked to shut up shop in the last 30 minutes at home to Palace. We hardly ventured forward in any sort of numbers.

I recognise it's early days for Koeman and he needs time to get players he feels confident can do the transition from defence to attack, but in the meant time we cant be approaching games like the Bournemouth one and Palace at home in such a gormless manner.

Get players forward and get at these teams. Too much caution...WAY too much caution so far.

You dont have to be naive defensively if you attack. If we'd had a defender with tenacity and leadership qualities last season like Williams then a lot of the games we played and came up just short in against clubs supposedly our superior would have been turned into draws or wins.

It's not a necessity to get everyone behind the ball, it's a choice.
Dave mate they weren't fit enough last season with the old regime to keep up remember West Ham game I was there 2-0 up at home and lose 3-2 in the last 15 minutes tells you all don't it

You dont have to be naive defensively if you attack. If we'd had a defender with tenacity and leadership qualities last season like Williams then a lot of the games we played and came up just short in against clubs supposedly our superior would have been turned into draws or wins.

It's not a necessity to get everyone behind the ball, it's a choice.

I never said it wasn't a choice and there's no point in guessing what might have happened last season.

Depending on what form we're in, and what form Arsenal and Tottenham are in, I can see us going there and parking the bus too, by choice.

Until the whole team is fitter and able to press the ball for 90 minutes it's a choice I'm relatively happy with.

I'm very happy with a point yesterday mate, and sometimes needs must, but from what I can remember from that 0-0 draw last season we had a go at City, and were actually the better team first half in that game, and with better finishing we would have gone in leading at half time, second half was all Man City (think City should have had a pen as well) and we couldn't get out of our own half, but if you look at the possession in that game we had 45%, yesterday we had 28% possession, but as I mentioned yesterday, possession doesn't count for much if you can't put the ball in the back of the net.

Pep Guardiola team in having lots of possession shocker. Come on mate.

what about a fearless 3-1 as per the LC semi last year! if that Buffoon Martinez could have organised a defence........ and apart from an early Osman effort at their place in the league i don't remember us doing anything.
Look no further than "one of you" Baines for that collapse. We were 3-1 up in the tie and he turned his back on a speculative shot at the edge of the box and he deflected it in over Robles' head. If we'd got to HT with a two goal cushion we'd have got to Wembley for the final at least.

...oh, and by the way, can you imagine this Everton team getting into a aggregate position of 3-1 to any City team? Neither can I. You have to cross the halfway line to score goals usually.

Mate, we looked to shut up shop in the last 30 minutes at home to Palace. We hardly ventured forward in any sort of numbers.

I recognise it's early days for Koeman and he needs time to get players he feels confident can do the transition from defence to attack, but in the meant time we cant be approaching games like the Bournemouth one and Palace at home in such a gormless manner.

Get players forward and get at these teams. Too much caution...WAY too much caution so far.
I yearn for the days that we went to big aways and went for it, like the last derby for example

An absolute dream that was, get off our knees eh....

Hearing the whole of Anfield sing Martinez name was a real highlight.

Look no further than "one of you" Baines for that collapse. We were 3-1 up in the tie and he turned his back on a speculative shot at the edge of the box and he deflected it in over Robles' head. If we'd got to HT with a two goal cushion we'd have got to Wembley for the final at least.

...oh, and by the way, can you imagine this Everton team getting into a aggregate position of 3-1 to any City team? Neither can I. You have to cross the halfway line to score goals usually.

You're furious aren't you David. Furious at Everton being decent and competing without King Roberto.

lollollol

Can you imagine this team spewing a 3-1 lead? Neither can I......

What utter tripe.

They're managed by the best manager on the planet now, and have been scintillating at times already this season

You spent 2 years lauding that utter garbage served up by clown shoes. Suicidal defending, a total lack of game management, chucking away leads, and winning 4 home games all season.

Get off my knees? You spent 2 years on yours in front of your idol

^^^ That is a demonstration of the attitude I was criticising: "Oh but it's City and they have the sooper dooper Pep and his Harlem Globetrotter band of football wizards, how can we possibly compete...lets get under the table and hope he goes away".

We dont brick it over any football club. NSNO lad. Read it and weep.

^^^ That is a demonstration of the attitude I was criticising: "Oh but it's City and they have the sooper dooper Pep and his Harlem Globetrotter band of football wizards, how can we possibly compete...lets get under the table and hope he goes away".

We dont brick it over any football club. NSNO lad. Read it and weep.
No mate, we go to Anfield and proper stick it up 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back