Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, so did I. But at least there was an excuse of an upcoming cup SF and a catalogue of injuries for that game.

It's simple: I want to see us stand up and take the game to the opposition. We didn't do that on Saturday.
Give the man chance ffs.

The squad isn't where he wants it to be, he'll need another couple of windows to make it so.

Saturday was our toughest away of the season on paper and he picked his tactics accordingly. Don't assume that's his default setting for any tough away, which is what you're doing, off the back of one game - and his tactics worked btw.

Yes, so did I. But at least there was an excuse of an upcoming cup SF and a catalogue of injuries for that game.

It's simple: I want to see us stand up and take the game to the opposition. We didn't do that on Saturday.

There was no excuse worthy mentioning for that disgusting performance, other than the players had sussed the fraud of a manager out and didn't even put in a shift for him.

Calling our brand new manager a clown already who is a point or two away from our best start to a season in over a century is disgraceful.

Its the kopitest of kopite behaviour. I know it's wrong and taboo calling fellow blues Kopites but in this instance I'm giving myself a pass.

Calling our brand new manager a clown already who is a point or two away from our best start to a season in over a century is disgraceful.

Its the kopitest of kopite behaviour. I know it's wrong and taboo calling fellow blues Kopites but in this instance I'm giving myself a pass.

Last season we were three points away from 'the best start in 8 games for over a century'.

What IS the point of that statistic? That is "Kopitish" right there...a meaningless stat.

We're sixth and hopefully seventh after tonight...the same position we were last season.

Last season we were three points away from 'the best start in 8 games for over a century'.

What IS the point of that statistic? That is "Kopitish" right there...a meaningless stat.

We're sixth and hopefully seventh after tonight...the same position we were last season.

It was great last season too. Martinez was a good manager and deserved more time. Nothing wrong about using stats. Have you never used stats in your life?

It was great last season too. Martinez was a good manager and deserved more time. Nothing wrong about using stats. Have you never used stats in your life?
At this stage of the season? I may have done, I dont know. But I wouldn't see it as proof of anything. It's the opening weeks of the season.

Same position in the league we may be Dave, but manager wise in a totally different position long term as we have someone in charge who doesn't neglect his coaching duties.

You must have known that the defence and tactically how we defend as a team would have been his absolute priority and that's what he's currently sorting out.

He's mentioned a few times about the more creative players needing to produce more, he's mentioned Mirallas, Barkley, Deulofeu and Bolasie. I'm sure he knows we ain't clicking up top and we are short of creative player and another striker. I'm sure these issues will be rectified.

It's certainly not pretty at times but I'd take that over looking utterly clueless and unfit like we did for the majority of the last 2 season under Martinez

So for me, I don't look at it as being 2 points better off than last season, or a place higher. Even if we were 2 points worse off and lower in the league I would say we were better off for the simple reason we have a manager who won't neglect the basics of football.

At this stage of the season? I may have done, I dont know. But I wouldn't see it as proof of anything. It's the opening weeks of the season.

Ok so using stats about wins and points totals on every single premiership game Koeman has ever played for Everton is not justifiable -what's the justification of calling him a clown this early on?

Same position in the league we may be Dave, but manager wise in a totally different position long term as we have someone in charge who doesn't neglect his coaching duties.

You must have known that the defence and tactically how we defend as a team would have been his absolute priority and that's what he's currently sorting out.

He's mentioned a few times about the more creative players needing to produce more, he's mentioned Mirallas, Barkley, Deulofeu and Bolasie. I'm sure he knows we ain't clicking up top and we are short of creative player and another striker. I'm sure these issues will be rectified.

It's certainly not pretty at times but I'd take that over looking utterly clueless and unfit like we did for the majority of the last 2 season under Martinez

So for me, I don't look at it as being 2 points better off than last season, or a place higher. Even if we were 2 points worse off and lower in the league I would say we were better off for the simple reason we have a manager who won't neglect the basics of football.
But these forward position problems are caused by having them sit deep to close down space in our half and then asking them to carry the attack on their own in pairs mostly with no follow up play coming through from midfield to add weight to the attack.

No future change of personnel will cope with that and turn it into a winning strategy. We have to commit to a style of play out from the back that pushes everyone way more up the pitch even if it risks leaving room behind us. I dont see Koeman doing that though. I think he'll use a back four sitting very deep and not allowing us to play further up the pitch to give our attacking play a chance. That gives attackers and attacking midfielders an enormous workload.

Ok so using stats about wins and points totals on every single premiership game Koeman has ever played for Everton is not justifiable -what's the justification of calling him a clown this early on?
Ronald McDonald was just a gentle jibe in response to the Martinez is a clown stuff.

Relax.

But these forward position problems are caused by having them sit deep to close down space in our half and then asking them to carry the attack on their own in pairs mostly with no follow up play coming through from midfield to add weight to the attack.

No future change of personnel will cope with that and turn it into a winning strategy. We have to commit to a style of play out from the back that pushes everyone way more up the pitch eve if it risks leaving room behind us. I dont see Koeman doing that though. I think he'll use a back four sitting very deep and not allowing us to play further up the pitch to give our attacking play a chance. That gives attackers and attacking midfielders an enormous workload.

That's your opinion mate so i respect that. For me what your posting above I would expect to read after about 20 games through the season. We are 8 games in mate, we are making small steps ( not giant strides ) but small steps all the same and heading in the right direction imo

He tried Del on Saturday, he wasn't too deep. He was the opposite, basically sitting on his arse up top waiting for something to happen. Bolasie will always be the type to track back deep as it leaves him with an open pitch to run with the ball on the counter.

Like I've said previously mate, it ain't pretty sometimes but what it is Everton learning to do the ugly stuff again, earning results through effort and commitment which is something that's been lacking for 2 seasons.

All I'm saying mate is let's give him time and if he doesn't work out then I'm sure we will move onto someone else.

No future change of personnel will cope with that and turn it into a winning strategy. We have to commit to a style of play out from the back that pushes everyone way more up the pitch even if it risks leaving room behind us. I dont see Koeman doing that though. I think he'll use a back four sitting very deep and not allowing us to play further up the pitch to give our attacking play a chance. That gives attackers and attacking midfielders an enormous workload.

He went with a 4-3-3 on Saturday - that's more attacking than Martinez has been in any game away at a 'big club' since that 13/14 season.

We were a bit deep and that's because of how good City are/were, not because we played badly.

If we'd have tried to go toe-for-toe against City we'd have been hammered. We haven't got the legs of Spurs to play a pressing game for 90 minutes against a side that good, and we were away from home to boot.

While I would have liked to have seen us maybe push on for a second late on, I have no issue at all with the selections or the system.

Burnley is a completely different type of game and we need to be playing much further up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back