Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
so your post was about two or three posters....if not only just one really.

it wasn't put in that way.

If people decide to hyperfume about a manager, just because supporters of the manager had annoyed them previously then I would say they are easily led. A little like a lemming.

Better to just be reasonable right the way through.
No it was a comment on the fans who even in the latter half of last season still refused to see how clueless he was. There were far more then you think. Martinez should of been sacked by Feb 2015 as anyone watching the match properly could see but loads of our fans wouldn't have it and referred to those who did as plotters. We were all very reasonable with Martinez, far to reasonable In reality.

Does anyone else get a bit perplexed about Koeman always mentioning us playing with three strikers? I've never thought of wingers as strikers - more that they play somewhere between the middle and front lines of our play. For me only Lukaku is a striker so we play with 1 (unless we played Kone or Valencia with him - then we'd be playing with 2).

Nothing of major importance, just bugs me, that's all...

Does anyone else get a bit perplexed about Koeman always mentioning us playing with three strikers? I've never thought of wingers as strikers - more that they play somewhere between the middle and front lines of our play. For me only Lukaku is a striker so we play with 1 (unless we played Kone or Valencia with him - then we'd be playing with 2).

Nothing of major importance, just bugs me, that's all...
I think perhaps there's a difference in his mind when he refers to 'forward players' as opposed to 'strikers'.

No it was a comment on the fans who even in the latter half of last season still refused to see how clueless he was. There were far more then you think. Martinez should of been sacked by Feb 2015 as anyone watching the match properly could see but loads of our fans wouldn't have it and referred to those who did as plotters. We were all very reasonable with Martinez, far to reasonable In reality.

How do you watch a match properly? What should I be doing?

The plotters thing was a joke started by one poster that everybody started using no matter what they thought of the manager.

I'd be interested to see any posts from people "attacking" other posters in the second half of last season for wanting him out. I'd be pretty sure you'd find one poster in particular and at best a couple of others beyond that. A very small group.

I believe you are trying to paint it in black and white and labeling a lot of posters as deluded and lemmings when I am pretty sure it wasn't as clear cut as you'd like to remember.

I was still able to show some support for the manager until very late last season until you knew he was going and it was only a matter of time, however I didn't lay it all on him. With Koeman currently I am not overly excited by his appointment or the performances so far. I don't expect an awful lot really from him, and feel like I am back in Moyes days again a little. However I will support and watch with interest as to how he rebuilds the squad, if allowed, and if he can at least get us close to where we were before the last two seasons. Points wise and defense wise so far he looks on track to have us top 8 you would think.

He and Moshiri will have a lot of expectancy on them come January if we are anywhere close to the top 4 as a lot of fans will feel we should be able to spend to try take advantage or build on that position.

You seem to think that's an example of wisdom. In the first season we were busy winning 21 out of 38 games, but you thought he was a clown. Brilliant.

I liked this, but I think you should also reign in your hyper-criticism of every aspect of Koeman's time here so far. Just stating you are giving him a year comes off like a politicians statement to the cameras, because your posts don't really make it look like you are giving him any time at all.

The plotters thing was a joke started by one poster that everybody started using no matter what they thought of the manager.

I'd be interested to see any posts from people "attacking" other posters in the second half of last season for wanting him out. I'd be pretty sure you'd find one poster in particular and at best a couple of others beyond that. A very small group.

I believe you are trying to paint it in black and white and labeling a lot of posters as deluded and lemmings when I am pretty sure it wasn't as clear cut as you'd like to remember.

I was still able to show some support for the manager until very late last season until you knew he was going and it was only a matter of time, however I didn't lay it all on him. With Koeman currently I am not overly excited by his appointment or the performances so far. I don't expect an awful lot really from him, and feel like I am back in Moyes days again a little. However I will support and watch with interest as to how he rebuilds the squad, if allowed, and if he can at least get us close to where we were before the last two seasons. Points wise and defense wise so far he looks on track to have us top 8 you would think.

He and Moshiri will have a lot of expectancy on them come January if we are anywhere close to the top 4 as a lot of fans will feel we should be able to spend to try take advantage or build on that position.

Spot on, I can think of a few Jan's we've been close over the years come Jan and haven't added that extra bit to push us on and we have fallen short.

Martinez 1st Season, Moyes' last. The year we first had the Yak to name a few off the top of my head.

Spot on, I can think of a few Jan's we've been close over the years come Jan and haven't added that extra bit to push us on and we have fallen short.

Martinez 1st Season, Moyes' last. The year we first had the Yak to name a few off the top of my head.

Those three really stick in my head too when thinking back on what might have been since our last trophy.

You seem to think that's an example of wisdom. In the first season we were busy winning 21 out of 38 games, but you thought he was a clown. Brilliant.
I enjoyed the first season, but it was always going to end in disaster. The first season was a perfect storm of Moyes Defensive dicipline, an incredible amount of ''worldies' and a little Martinez influence. As his influence grew, the defence fell apart, we attacked well for only half a season at a time and the type of goals that got us through the first season dried up as they're not to be relied upon.

Proof is in pudding.

First season 38 played 21 won

2nd and 3rd season 75 played 21 won.

I enjoyed the first season, but it was always going to end in disaster. The first season was a perfect storm of Moyes Defensive dicipline, an incredible amount of ''worldies' and a little Martinez influence. As his influence grew, the defence fell apart, we attacked well for only half a season at a time and the type of goals that got us through the first season dried up as they're not to be relied upon.

Proof is in pudding.

Ha Ha ha.

Bankrupt.

8 league games in and people wanting to see him fail. Makes you realise why some people should not be allowed near a computer.

He needs a bit of time, is a proven premier league manager and has performed magnificently for 2 seasons prior to this one, so no idea why anybody could have a problem with him.

The bitter ones will try and veil their hatred and wait for the first run of proper bad results. If that does not happen then they will shift it with an analysis of how the team is performing and try to pick holes in that, irrespective of the results.

I know we will all have differentiating opinions on stuff as it is a public fan forum and some will be more savvy than others. But some of the stuff on here is clearly just plain baiting, which I am quite surprised about it being allowed to continue.

While I respect your point of view I do question one thing you've side here. Firstly, feel like your back in the Moyes days? Really? Based on eight league games?! And what exactly was so bad about most of the Moyes days anyway? He did better then Martinez for 90% of his tenure here. I'd never take him back at the club but it doesn't mean we have to dismiss the 11 years he was here as somehow vastly interior to anything Martinez did or that it was poor all the time because it sure as hell wasn't.

I think we can both agree that the top eight is a reasonable target and I hope that our fans keep their expectations tempered because anything above 7th would be a massive over achievement with this current squad.

Proof is in pudding.

Absolute rubbish mate.

You've got endless notes on things you can criticise Martinez for. Use them.
To say "a little Martinez influence" is absolutely ridiculous. And you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back