Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have lots of those days because we have a built in culture at the club that needs to be wiped out. Anytime for the past 15-20 years where we have looked like progressing we bottle it.

Quite. Why we loved the first Martinez season, fluke or not.

And I am 100% confident that the mix of Koeman and Moshiri will soon bear fruit and we will start to alter the mindset of the last 2 decades. But will take more than a few months.

Was annoying, obvs, but thought we played well, created some great openings, and I filed it under "One of those".

Missed the last sub, so didnt realise who Cleverly had come on for till later. Assumed it was a knock or something.

I backed Martinez until the evidence was just overwhelming. Koeman is a billion miles away from that situation imo.
Agreed.

Lets get things in perspective. We are not playing fluid at the moment but we did enough I believe to win the game comfortably. Thank Christ some of the posters on here aren't managing our club otherwise there would be a mutiny in the dressing room. There are some deficiencies in his squad but he cant afford to shoot from the hip too soon as the squad is what it is and he needs everyone pulling in the same direction till he can find suitable replacements. I tend to remember at some point during his southampton reign he had a sticky patch where they went 10 games without a win but he steered the ship and left that football club in a healthier position then when he found it with half the players sold off if I remember correctly. Have some patience and things will improve undoubtedly.

The evidence will be how he handles a slump, man up or fold like a house of cards like arl Bobby no balls

I would say we are already in a slump, Chris.

Two points from the last four league games and eliminated from the League Cup.

No wins and three losses in five games is a slump to me.

Pressure game againd Hammers next Sunday......fail to win that and I think we go to Stamford Bridge after the next international break.

I would say we are already in a slump, Chris.

Two points from the last four league games and eliminated from the League Cup.

No wins and three losses in five games is a slump to me.

Pressure game againd Hammers next Sunday......fail to win that and I think we go to Stamford Bridge after the next international break.

Nah we're finding our feet still, he's been in charge for what, 4 months. The players aren't up to his fitness standard and he needed to sort that defence out which is still a bit iffy at times.

Let's see what the new year brings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back