Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets give him a bit of time ffs! The bloke has only had 1 transfer window. His southampton teams didn't always start strong lets just wait until the end of the season. Martinez would have had us in the relegation zone at this point.

Nah we're finding our feet still, he's been in charge for what, 4 months. The players aren't up to his fitness standard and he needed to sort that defence out which is still a bit iffy at times.

Let's see what the new year brings

The defence does still have issues (not as major as last season obviously, but they are still failing when needed most) and fitness seems to be getting there.

I think we are ignoring the major issue here (in my opinion) and it was the same last season. Killing teams off.

Our attack is quite frankly rubbish. We constantly attack teams yet do bugger all with it in the final third, we bomb forward and then stop allowing opponents to get bodies in the way, then we ping it around a bit before putting it out for a goal kick or whatever. We lack some major guile an inventiveness in the final third and it has cost us for a while now.

Shame he didn't find a pair of balls to man up when he did got that record. Big Ron will mince that charlatan everywhere.

Mark my words
Big Ron needs to start manning up with this owner: took a negative net spend and was clearly unimpressed by it in the summer.

Get in that boardroom and demand cash. Or maybe he values his £6M wedge too much?

Need to keep telling myself this is no quick fix. We are broken.

Imagine having to get a team out of some of the absolute toilet players we have. It's basically impossible.

CAVEAT - this does not exclude the lunacy of Gueye off Clev face on
And you're quite right.

Spurs took until November 23rd to get Spurs above 14 points in Pochettino's first season.

That's fact.

This is opinion.....

He was afforded a much better base to build from.

He was promised all kinds and ended up having to bring a profit in.

That was the equivalent to Williams getting sat down 40 yards from goal today. Completely owned.
Who has said he had to bring a profit in?????. You are suggesting that we should of spent 100 million pounds and bought anyone no matter how overpriced they were. The simple truth maybe that we could not get the players he wanted at the price we were willing to pay, ECONOMICS, ITS HOW YOU RUN A SUCCESSFULL CLUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back