Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, if Lukaku scores, we win, or at least draw. If he isn't scoring, we struggle. Last season he played well for the first half of the season which partly compensated for our defensive weaknesses. When he stopped scoring, we fell apart. Same this season - when he scores things look ok. When he doesn't, it's bad.

Being so dependent on one player isn't good for any team.

100% correct, I keep my fingers crossed every game he stays fit.

No mate, because he stopped drilling the defence and so that side of it fell away. That's the point, if he had a proper defensive coach and drilled them like they were used to, fitness levels high and kept his attacking formula then he would have done better.

If you think that it was as simple as that.

Then, you're completely off your head.

If you think that it was as simple as that.

Then, you're completely off your head.

Don't talk down your nose to me you patronising little (swear). The first season worked, yes or no? Yes you say, nothing simple about it, he had a winning formula, he decided to change the way he approached it.

Deny it go on, (swear).

Don't talk down your nose to me you patronising little (swear). The first season worked, yes or no? Yes you say, nothing simple about it, he had a winning formula, he decided to change the way he approached it.
Still off your head.

He was afforded a winning formula. No manager worth his salt changes a winning formula for 24 months. Not one single manager.

Try not to be so aggressive in your posting style please.

Still off your head.

He was afforded a winning formula. No manager worth his salt changes a winning formula for 24 months. Not one single manager.

Try not to be so aggressive in your posting style please.

You call me off my head and not expect me to react. Your post is full of bollox and you haven't given one counter argument, You watched before your very own eyes that he did change it, or you asleep at the ground.

You call me off my head and not expect me to react. Your post is full of bollox and you haven't given one counter argument, You watched before your very own eyes that he did change it, or you asleep at the ground.
Calm down mate.

You are off your head if you can't see that Martinez' 13/14 was a complete anomaly when comparing it to the rest of his PL managerial record.

Stop being so sensitive.

Calm down mate.

You are off your head if you can't see that Martinez' 13/14 was a complete anomaly when comparing it to the rest of his PL managerial record.

Stop being so sensitive.

haha, You haven't got a counter argument have you, so you try to be patronising, It seems you are completely oblivious as to the content of my original post and are trying to be clever even though you are way left field of what I'm talking about. Still waiting lad, whenever you are ready.

I'll leave it, not getting gulag because of a (nasty word) like you

He's right though, we did deserve at least a point.
If he made similar tweets blowing smoke up the arses of our performances after the Palace and Bournemouth games, and I've no idea if he did or didn't, then he'd be fair game for criticism, but today he's bang on with that comment.

There's no class in that though. It was Burnley. Bellyaching about not getting a point is not on. He needs to just take that on the chin and put it right.

It seems RK is incapable of just stowing it away and likes to blurt it out in some direction or another.

I'm fine with Koeman being manager at the moment but for our next manager I think we need someone with a connection with the club who "gets" us and will create a happy, performing team and bring through our vast array of young talent. Our most recent trophies have been won when we have been managed by ex players. I would absolutely give Unsworth the job as I believe he could do most of the above - no guarantee but well worth taking the chance in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back