Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying I WANT to finish 15th, I'm saying it's all the same. If you like the EL to sap the energy from your PL campaign then I suppose 5th (or 6th some years) is worthwhile finishing on.

From a point of view of style we are too cautious. Watch next week when Koeman parks the bus again. I dont like that and I'll never accept it as a style of playing football for Everton. Koeman might have his priorities in terms of keeping it tight and getting to a certain points total for each blocks of games, but I dont have to like it. Style is very important. It;s an entertainment industry and we barely do that with our play.

Its not an entertainment industry. Why are people like Pulis, Warnock, Allardyce, Bruce employed by PL clubs year upon year? Why was the league won last two years with the best defence in the country?

Its about survival and ££££. Not entertainment.

It took Pochettino 15 games in 14/15 (his first season at spurs) to get above 20 points, he's a fantastic manager (although Koeman bettered him twice over at Southampton) he was also afforded a better starting position to be in, in terms of squad he was given to work with.

Koeman at Everton has almost hit that in 10 games, over a month earlier, with a squad depleted of any fitness or discipline.

If my memory serves me right, our last trophy win was backs against the wall, with the dogs of war? Bet Dave didnt celebrate that night.

We got past bayern by absolutely battering them physically as well, christ we had two strikers renowned for being bss in the air, peple seem t remember the 80's team as some latter day Barca rather than the reality which is we where bloody combative as hell and had class on top of that

Dave i know your memory isn't that bad, in the 80's a hell of a lot of our wins game through substance over style - very rarely would what we played in the 80's be described as beautiful by most neutral observers (as most of the winning teams back then would not be desribed as either), btw did you watch the Chelsea game this avvie? hardly beautiful but effective - same as against United, same as pretty much we where today

As fr places, well would argue that 5th is no different to 15th a hell of a lot, european footy is worthwhilst, we after all have hardly a trophy room full of them have we? and totally ridiculous for any team to turn its nose up at it outside of those who are basically year in year out CL teams
I completely disagree with you. The 80s team was bristling with quality all over the place. They played fantastic football and dominated all but Liverpool for a fair chunk of the decade. I'm sorry, but if you think we were anything but great in those years the debate doesn't make sense to me.

Let me ask you a question: if you were to watch our games this season as a neutral how would you describe our performances?

Hmmmm, so Mourinhos entire strategy since he's been a manager of getiing a point as a target against any rival away from home is flawed then mate? as basically thats what he sets out to do and always has done that

City are currently top and have not played Chelsea, Spurs, the rs, Arsenal mate, the teams 5-7th they played and got a win a draw and a loss against.

as for 8-10th, besides (possibly) United, who the hell below us is a team we should expect to finish above us, never mind in your estimation 1-3 of those teams fpor us to finish 8-10th?

11th place up...

If my memory serves me right, our last trophy win was backs against the wall, with the dogs of war? Bet Dave didnt celebrate that night.
I didn't mention the 90s, I said the best football since the 80s.

If the way we're playing is to your satisfaction then that's good for you. I'm just saying it jars with me. I think I am allowed to say whether I find something mediocre.

Its not an entertainment industry. Why are people like Pulis, Warnock, Allardyce, Bruce employed by PL clubs year upon year? Why was the league won last two years with the best defence in the country?

Its about survival and ££££. Not entertainment.

theres no £££ without overseas fans and global viewers....

if its not an entertainment industry then spain germany etc would have the same amount of global fans

I didn't mention the 90s, I said the best football since the 80s.

If the way we're playing is to your satisfaction then that's good for you. I'm just saying it jars with me. I think I am allowed to say whether I find something mediocre.

Fair enough. Its so small time though. But like you say, your allowed to feel what you want mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back