Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely disagree with you. The 80s team was bristling with quality all over the place. They played fantastic football and dominated all but Liverpool for a fair chunk of the decade. I'm sorry, but if you think we were anything but great in those years the debate doesn't make sense to me.

Let me ask you a question: if you were to watch our games this season as a neutral how would you describe our performances?
thats how i recall it too, when sides scored against us it was a bit of a shock but we were so good i just realised we'd have to score a couple, and we often did. Fab times

Its not an entertainment industry. Why are people like Pulis, Warnock, Allardyce, Bruce employed by PL clubs year upon year? Why was the league won last two years with the best defence in the country?

Its about survival and ££££. Not entertainment.

I honesty think I'm an alien at times when I read stuff like that ^^^.

How can football not be there to entertain?!

It's the same as when some say that they dont care what we play like as long as we get a result. I've never been able to get my head around that thinking. It suggests that scraping a win in a dull game every week is an objective. It goes against the grain of all I see football as being: the quest for an art form that's beautiful to watch. I think some believe that's what other teams and special players are for, and we just crack on watching tosh from Everton. Well I dont, I want Everton to be talked about as a great footballing team and one that all football fans want their team to aspire to.

theres no £££ without overseas fans and global viewers....

if its not an entertainment industry then spain germany etc would have the same amount of global fans

No, its a sport. That folk around the world enjoy watching.

Until footballers have to carry an Equity Card like actors do, it is not part of the entertainment industry.

they will be above us at halfway point and are well placed to achieve that.

They are the biggest club in the country. They are 8th. They are not well placed.

They have us, Spurs, Arsenal three of there next four games.

Do a bit of research before you make such suggestions.

I honesty think I'm an alien at times when I read stuff like that ^^^.

How can football not be there to entertain?!

It's the same as when some say that they dont care what we play like as long as we get a result. I've never been able to get my head around that thinking. It suggests that scraping a win in a dull game every week is an objective. It goes against the grain of all I see football as being: the quest for an art form that's beautiful to watch. I think some believe that's what other teams and special players are for, and we just crack on watching tosh from Everton. Well I dont, I wont Everton to be talked about as a great footballing team and one that all football fans want their team to aspire to.

You play football to win things mate. Simple as that.

No, its a sport. That folk around the world enjoy watching.

Until footballers have to carry an Equity Card like actors do, it is not part of the entertainment industry.

Lets have it right.

I bet more people watched Utd v City in the week (probably the most boring game I have watched all year) than our game today.

How many times have the 'top teams' shut each other out.

They are the biggest club in the country. They are 8th. They are not well placed.

They have us, Spurs, Arsenal three of there next four games.

Do a bit of research before you make such suggestions.

dont think you understood my post...they are well placed to overtake us in the next 9 games and will do so by the halfway point.

no chance we will be higher than them

thats how i recall it too, when sides scored against us it was a bit of a shock but we were so good i just realised we'd have to score a couple, and we often did. Fab times
It was the worst thing they could do: have the temerity to take the lead. We were head and shoulders above anything in England and probably the continent at that point.

I have no idea how anyone could think 'neutrals thought we were dull'. I remember Clough for one saying we were simply the most attractive team around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back