Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set out to play attacking football and see how far that gets you. If you win trophies - great. If you dont - try again with another manager and players.

My take on football in a nutshell.

That isn't purity by the way, it's a p.o.v. that sees professional football as a thing that takes you to a different place. Anything short of that you can get down the local park watching the Red Lion v The White Horse.

I want to win. Pure and simple.

Set out to play attacking football and see how far that gets you. If you win trophies - great. If you dont - try again with another manager and players.

My take on football in a nutshell.

That isn't purity by the way, it's a p.o.v. that sees professional football as a thing that takes you to a different place. Anything short of that you can get down the local park watching the Red Lion v The White Horse.

37 shots in our last 2 games.

But hey, we should clearly attack more.

LOL

If you want Koeman to build a great EVERTON football team, then 1st you must give him time to put in place his ideas. After the last 2 seasons he has had to improve the fitness of our squad dramatically and implement a defensive strategy that they all adhere to. When he has this sorted to a level that he is happy with, then i am sure we will see an improvement in the quality of football. If you want to build something spectacular it has to be on solid foundations
I agree. That's why I've argued against some in the past few weeks who have ost faith in him getting it right. Be critically supportive...that's the right line to take, and one I hope I take here.

He'll get the time to get the football as we want it, whether he a) gets the cash or b ) has the ability to take us to that point is another matter.

I want to win. Pure and simple.
That's not enough on its own.

Leicester are a case in point. They are the ugliest team in history to win a major prize. Our RU spot in the 80s was more admirable that that nonsense they played last season even though they went one place better.

I completely disagree with you. The 80s team was bristling with quality all over the place. They played fantastic football and dominated all but Liverpool for a fair chunk of the decade. I'm sorry, but if you think we were anything but great in those years the debate doesn't make sense to me.

Let me ask you a question: if you were to watch our games this season as a neutral how would you describe our performances?

Answer would be a mixed bag, but with the exception of city, the rs and arsenal no one has stood out as a good watch for the neutral havevthey? We have been similar to spurs Chelsea I'd say as a watch entertainment wide mate, and better than United and most others

Few new managers within ten games have a team the way they want and concentrating on suring up defensively is the smart and sensible decision. Let's see where and how we are playing in a year's time.

That's not enough on its own.

Leicester are a case in point. They are the ugliest team in history to win a major prize. Our RU spot in the 80s was more admirable that that nonsense they played last season even though they went one place better.

lol

What utter nonsense. I'm sure Leicester fans really care to.

Proves nothing.

Ok, I will honestly bite, how would you set us up? What tactics would you use, in case your not aware, this is what Ronny does :

GK
RB - CB - CB - LB
DM - DM
RW---- ACM ---- LW
ST
Its a fluid 4-3-2-1 when defending, once we break we play a 4-2-3-1, sometimes he switches it around and makes it a 4-3-3 and of course he does enjoy the 3-4-3. We utilise the wings with our wingers and we play fast fluid football, everybody is expected to press and work hard.

So what would you do differently David?

Answer would be a mixed bag, but with the exception of city, the rs and arsenal no one has stood out as a good watch for the neutral havevthey? We have been similar to spurs Chelsea I'd say as a watch entertainment wide mate, and better than United and most others

Few new managers within ten games have a team the way they want and concentrating on suring up defensively is the smart and sensible decision. Let's see where and how we are playing in a year's time.
I agree that it'll take time. I've said loads of times that Koeman (who I wanted for the job prior to Martinez's sacking, btw) shouldn't feel any pressure for at least the second season to get it spot on.

All I'm saying is that this isn't what we want as a style. This cant be the finished product in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back