Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone called Martinez "a good manager". Is this 1st of April? Come too soon.

People still going on about Martinez?

He was deservedly sacked and should be left in the past

Personally I would go with FatStan... or whatever he was called... Turns out you were right to feel like you were wearing a mask, and there are a lot of forum members that owe you an apology.

He just lacked a little bit of conviction is all.

Martinez fooled us all that first season, he was left a good group of highly trained lads by Moyes, he bought Lukaku and Barry who had points to prove, but at the end of the day he won the grand sum of ZERO, so it was all in vain.

Ok, I've proposed something in the 'Announcements" forum.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...in-the-everton-only-forum.92539/#post-4990335

You sure you want me to pop into the vaults on that one?

Seem to remember you and I getting dogs abuse on here even as late as the Christmas of 15/16. Apparently Martinez had solved his issues of the previous season by signing Cleverley and we had been impatient FIFA beauts desperate to see an Everton manager fail. Honestly the vaults would just be one hilarity after another if they were opened on this.

Seem to remember you and I getting dogs abuse on here even as late as the Christmas of 15/16. Apparently Martinez had solved his issues of the previous season by signing Cleverley and we had been impatient FIFA beauts desperate to see an Everton manager fail. Honestly the vaults would just be one hilarity after another if they were opened on this.
Correct, that's why I got no response.

Special mention as well to @orly @nsno-chris @Ihaters @mikeh72 @hktoffee for holding strong in the face of unbelievable sledging.

Can we try and keep this more about our current manager please. And a lot less about who said what, when, and how, about our former one?

Can we try and keep this more about our current manager please. And a lot less about who said what, when, and how, about our former one?

As a club we want to progress, the best way to judge progress is to compare things to the season before, Martinez was our manager last season, a lot of the players in the squad were bought by Martinez, thus his name is valid in the Everton forum until such a time we dont have a single player left at the club that he bought.

Permission to set up a thread in the Everton forum to fairly acknowledge those who called out our previous manager as a fraud and give those who didn't the necessary vaulting they deserve for the months of 'told you so' rhetoric they dished out to a band of loyal plotters?

As a club we want to progress, the best way to judge progress is to compare things to the season before, Martinez was our manager last season, a lot of the players in the squad were bought by Martinez, thus his name is valid in the Everton forum until such a time we dont have a single player left at the club that he bought.

Agree, to an extent. But pages and pages about who was right first, and all that crap, is just tedious tripe. I have no issue at all discussing, in this thread, how Player A is playing better/worse/more/less under the 2 managers, cos like you say, that is an obvious point(s) to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back