Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back the manager you utterly cretinous and odious serpents.

If the time comes for him to go it will be very clear just as it did with Walker, Smith, Martinez etc... but that time is not now and hopefully will never be upon us.

I agree.... for now. But if things don't improve then I think we need to look at other options. David Wagner springs to mind. Could you imagine a Wagner klopp derby. We might actually win one for once

If he's not in charge of transfers, if he let's his coaches handle training and he stays mostly out of their way, his SOLE JOB is the product on the pitch, no? If we can't judge someone who, it appears, only job is when the team is on the pitch, what are we able to judge him on? His fashion sense?

You're misunderstanding me. I don't mind people saying things akin to "I don't really rate him much as a manager". I have a problem when people say "he isn't a good manager" like we really know.

Sure if the tactics/lineup suck I'll criticise him but need to remember there's only so much he can do once the players actually get on the pitch.

You're misunderstanding me. I don't mind people saying things akin to "I don't really rate him much as a manager". I have a problem when people say "he isn't a good manager" like we really know.

Sure if the tactics/lineup suck I'll criticise him but need to remember there's only so much he can do once the players actually get on the pitch.
Ah, I get your point, my bad!

I will say tho that if players don't follow your tactics on the pitch and you include them in the next match where they make the same 'mistakes', who is that really on?

???? D-EV?

He's publicly fallen out with Barkley and pushed Geri out the door. He also lost John Stones and Romelu Lukaku. Now don't get me wrong both Stones and Lukaku probably never intended to be at Everton for as long as they were - but perhaps if they played for a manager who they respected they may have bought into the 'new' Everton more and gave us more time. Granted Lukaku stayed last year when he also could have forced through a move.

2 years ago we raved and sang about those four incredible players we had... now 3 have left with the 4th halfway out the door. Something is amiss there and it's absolutely nothing to do with money.

And there are other players who feel aggrieved at their lack of playing time - Mirallas, Lookman and Kenny to name three. I mean he brought in a 3rd choice RB from Southampton who is being shoehorned into the team when it's clear as day that Jon Joe Kenny who has just won a world cup for his country is quite clearly a better player. This is sheer stubbornness and negligence by Koeman.

He is packing the midfield with number 10's - the lack of width and pace is clear for the fans to see so how on earth do we expect to pick up results against teams such as Spurs when they will know exactly how to play against us.

I'm not a doom monger at all, and I probably would have predicted 4 points from the opening 4 games anyway. Its the style of football and pigheadedness that Koeman is giving us makes me question what he's doing...

He's publicly fallen out with Barkley and pushed Geri out the door. He also lost John Stones and Romelu Lukaku. Now don't get me wrong both Stones and Lukaku probably never intended to be at Everton for as long as they were - but perhaps if they played for a manager who they respected they may have bought into the 'new' Everton more and gave us more time. Granted Lukaku stayed last year when he also could have forced through a move.

2 years ago we raved and sang about those four incredible players we had... now 3 have left with the 4th halfway out the door. Something is amiss there and it's absolutely nothing to do with money.

And there are other players who feel aggrieved at their lack of playing time - Mirallas, Lookman and Kenny to name three. I mean he brought in a 3rd choice RB from Southampton who is being shoehorned into the team when it's clear as day that Jon Joe Kenny who has just won a world cup for his country is quite clearly a better player. This is sheer stubbornness and negligence by Koeman.

He is packing the midfield with number 10's - the lack of width and pace is clear for the fans to see so how on earth do we expect to pick up results against teams such as Spurs when they will know exactly how to play against us.

I'm not a doom monger at all, and I probably would have predicted 4 points from the opening 4 games anyway. Its the style of football and pigheadedness that Koeman is giving us makes me question what he's doing...

That's fine and I agree with most of that. But 'bullying'? Nah. Don't agree with that.

Stones never played for Koeman so he never lost him
Stones wanted out Months before Bobby got sacked
He's not the first and he won't be the last manager to bin Geri
Even the manager who claimed he was phenomenal player with phenomenal talent and a phenomenal signing for Everton lollipoped him a few times
From the day Rom signed we were only a stepping stone and he said that in his first interview
The rest is all a matter of opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back