Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Rooney or Sigurðsson?

Rooney or Sigurðsson?

• Rooney

Votes: 61 12.6%
  • Sigurðsson

Votes: 260 53.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 53 10.9%
  • Both

Votes: 112 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's Icelandic ffs. He has the hottest of the hot to choose from.

And Bjork. Is she still even a thing?

IMG_1376.webp

Last I heard, she was getting pimped out by Goldee

Sigurdsson all day long and twice on Sunday.

IF Rooney comes, then on a one year deal with wages within Everton's current wage structure.

For people saying Gylfi couldn't do it at Spurs - he was 23. He is now 27 so is in a much better position to take a step up.

I agree, but Rooney would demand such big money. I don't think this would be good value. I think Sigurdsson has his level as a middle of the table Premier League player which is why I would not want him either. I think there is greater value out there. Many great young(er) players in France, Germany and Italy.

You'd be more confident in a big game of cup final with Rooney in the team than Gylfi.

I'd want both as we need another playmaker.

But Rooney adds more of a statement to me.

You'd be more confident in a big game of cup final with Rooney in the team than Gylfi.

I'd want both as we need another playmaker.

But Rooney adds more of a statement to me.
I really won't be confident with someone who's way past it to produce a second of brilliance, while trotting along leisurely, doing nothing.

Remember the last statement signing we made - Eto'o? What a fantastic influence he was!

But maybe it's just me seeing that Rooney's legs are gone, and defo not people being stuck in the past wanting us to sign him back because he was good about 2 years ago (for the last time) and he's been average at best since. Because someone will say "but what about those flashes of brilliance lad ffs?!" - we had Saha, absolutely the same signing - legs gone, can't run, but let's rely on him or blindly hope he does well, which he did about twice every 17 games.

I really won't be confident with someone who's way past it to produce a second of brilliance, while trotting along leisurely, doing nothing.

Remember the last statement signing we made - Eto'o? What a fantastic influence he was!

But maybe it's just me seeing that Rooney's legs are gone, and defo not people being stuck in the past wanting us to sign him back because he was good about 2 years ago (for the last time) and he's been average at best since. Because someone will say "but what about those flashes of brilliance lad ffs?!" - we had Saha, absolutely the same signing - legs gone, can't run, but let's rely on him or blindly hope he does well, which he did about twice every 17 games.
I'm moving more towards this sort of thinking

The thing for me, these players will be directly competing with Ross for a place, and I can't see either Rooney or Sigurdsson playing second fiddle or fighting for a place. They'll expect to be first team regulars, and their fees will demand that they are. Better to tap into Walsh's network and get an up and coming player who will fight and scrap.

We have some power in the team now put I still think we are lacking a bit of pace, Lookman certainly has it but he is raw and needs time, it doesn't look like Geri and Lennon have any real future and unfortunately Bolaise will be out until next year. I haven't really paid a whole lot of intention to Sigurdsson so I'm noit sure how or where he would fit into the team. His stats are certainly good and his set pieces are excellent but would him and Ross work together, I'd say we need someone with real pace to support Rom.

Thinking from a purely practical point of view, I think Wayne Rooney's fitness is a parallel factor to his deterioration in form over the last eighteen months or so. Hes hardly ever fit of late....and as good as he could be on his day, weve moved on from reliance on that experience-wise with other spent forces in the past. Were fitter than weve been for a long time with respect to stamina and you wonder if, in spite of Koeman's nice words about Rooney of late, poor ole Wayne is too knackered to play the significant role his cost would justify rather than the cameo brilliance he would still be capable of should he string games together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back