• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Rooney Won't Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deluded if anybody thinks Wayne Rooney would turn down 200k a week from any side in the world to sign for Everton for 75k.

His contract runs out in 2 years, United will sell him way before that.

And yes, of course I would take him back, on his day, hes without doubt 1 of the best players in the world.

Deluded if anybody thinks Wayne Rooney would turn down 200k a week from any side in the world to sign for Everton for 75k.

And yes, of course I would take him back, on his day, hes without doubt 1 of the best players in the world.

I don't think anyone really believes he will come back mate, but then stranger things have happened. He clearly doesn't need the money.

I don't think anyone really believes he will come back mate, but then stranger things have happened. He clearly doesn't need the money.

Also it would might appear as him and Moyes have kissed and made up, but those 2 have still got beef, it wouldnt be long untill it came to the surface and I would rather have Moyes than anything.

In Moyes We Trust Ghost lid?

Also it would might appear as him and Moyes have kissed and made up, but those 2 have still got beef, it wouldnt be long untill it came to the surface and I would rather have Moyes than anything.

In Moyes We Trust Ghost lid?

Nothing that can't be sorted out. They are grown men after all.

I think even Everton would find 100k a week for a player of his calibre.

Which is still of course probably at least 50k a week short of what he wants. Players need to accept that the new UEFA ruling on wage funds coming from a percentage of their turnover, will have inevitable consequences on the daft wages they want.

But yeah Rooney will follow the money. No doubt signing for a club with a manager of good reputation on masses of wages.

Whereupon it'll get out into the media he's been shagging hookers again (which he'll blame on the manager) and he'll move on again.

He's got form like.

I think even Everton would find 100k a week for a player of his calibre.

Which is still of course probably at least 50k a week short of what he wants. Players need to accept that the new UEFA ruling on wage funds coming from a percentage of their turnover, will have inevitable consequences on the daft wages they want.

But yeah Rooney will follow the money. No doubt signing for a club with a manager of good reputation on masses of wages.

Whereupon it'll get out into the media he's been shagging hookers again (which he'll blame on the manager) and he'll move on again.He's got form like.

It's quite a clever way of orchestrating a move, known as the prozzy manoeuvre in legal terminology

He wont leave. He's having a bit of a whinge, Colleen's probably got his balls in a jar everytime he goes home and its doing his head in...that and he's probably wanting more money.

Think its balls that he's spat his dummy out and wont sign. Im surprised he's only on £90-£90k a week to be fair. I think Swan Ron was on £100k+ and they were willing to give Tevez that much before he ran off.

Could we find 100K/week for Rooney? Defo especially on a free. Sir Alex and Moyes are pretty much the same personalities though. It would blow up again. Ive read rumors that he has always wanted to go to Real. (Madrid not Salt Lake in case you were wondering).

Heard something on footballweekly that I think could be true. These players who come up at 17-19 become stars and they burn out quickly either from either lack of desire and/or injuries when they hit their mid-late 20s. There is a laundry list of players like that: Owen, Fowler, Adriano, Ronaldino, Torres?, Essien? etc. It could be happening to Rooney as well. Maybe these players start too early, get pushed too hard and their bodies aren't ready for that kind of punishment.

Drogba is arguably the best player in the world right now at 32 and still looks to be in his prime. He was lucky to have come on in his mid-late 20s, his body then conditioned to take punishment. Think he'd still be the [Poor language removed] if he burst onto the scene at 18? Think Messi will be the player he is now at 28-29?

Maybe there was good reason why Coleman was not playing much last year. After all look what happened to Vaughn.

One positive about Landon is that by being lazy from 20-25 may prolong his career well into his 30s.

There may not even be a transfer for us to get anything out of.
Under contract rules Rooney can buy himself out of his contract for 7million the next transfer window and 4.5million next summer.
So any club willing to pay the 7million transfer then a nice pay packet will be getting a bargain? There are a few clubs who could afford to do this. Not sure we are one of them though!
Man utd are stupid not to have got his contract sorted long ago!

Nothing apart from another 'big' club coming down a few levels to a team we can compete with in our current state.
Maybe this shows why BK wont spend spend spend because the future is bleak. If Rooney goes and they continue to play as average as they are doing...CL football might not be possible next season, then its just whats happened to Liverpool but now they look for 1bn to bail them out, not 300m. Hard times ahead for man Utd I think, which for Everton is great news!

Don't be so quick to write off the Mancs. Last time I checked they were only 4 points off the summit after a supposedly poor start to the season. They will push Chelsea all the way. They're still playing great football, but the difference is that individual mistakes in defence are being punished, but that will be eradicated, and there's no way Rooney will be sold before the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back