Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Ross Barkley joins Chelsea, er, Villa on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always believed that Southgate was the influential figure within the England set up who told journalists off the record that Barkley was 'un-coachable' (it used to get brought up on Sunday Supplement quite a bit), so I wonder if this is a message to him, seeing as though he's now the first team manager.
Well, considering Barkley's now in the England squad, I'm not so sure.

If you stop, and look past the potential sly dig he's throwing (is he that smart to be doing something that conniving?), look at what he's saying, and it's worrying.

Tom Davies, Dowell, Kenny they've all come through the ranks, and now they're in the first team, they're not progressing... they're not necessarily regressing,but they're stationary. Do you think he could actually have a point?

Our Youth set up is top drawer, but they're a little neglected when they make the step up?
When you see how much game time is given to lads who look better suited to CrossFit than football (Davies and Calvert-Lewin), ahead of those who are obviously unpolished but at least look comfortable on the ball (Lookman, Vlasic, Baningime), you can't help but feel that something is amiss at Everton.

I suppose it shouldn't really come as a surprise, judging by the '90s football that Unsworth tried to get the first team to play last season.

Well, considering Barkley's now in the England squad, I'm not so sure.
Had the squad been announced when Barkley gave the interview?

It'll be interesting to see how it goes for him, now that he's at a fashionable club. I wonder if he'll feature much in the Nations League fixtures.

If you ask me, it's very worrying that a boyhood blue would not only want out of the club but would then essentially bury us in the media like that

It makes you wonder just what goes on behind the scenes at our club

There's more to Ross leaving than just him wanting a pay rise and the chance to play for a better club. Something bad must have happened to sour him on the club like this. Hopefully one day we find out

Absolutely

Think we have to put Barkley England call into context, it's only been a month since Southgate warned English fans he is looking to include championship players in his squads because of the lack of English players getting regular playtime in Premier League....

As for coaching at Everton, he decided to go under Koamen, Allardyce could not change his mind, both got sacked...

If you stop, and look past the potential sly dig he's throwing (is he that smart to be doing something that conniving?), look at what he's saying, and it's worrying.

Tom Davies, Dowell, Kenny they've all come through the ranks, and now they're in the first team, they're not progressing... they're not necessarily regressing,but they're stationary. Do you think he could actually have a point?

Our Youth set up is top drawer, but they're a little neglected when they make the step up?

Kieran dowell has played 2 first team matches for Everton since being on loan, Kenny has certainly improved and Davies is progressing no more or less than any player of his age.

Our academy consistently produces premier league players, unlike most in the league, and the u18s and u23s sit at the top of their leagues and have very good records over the recent years.

This notion that we don't coach our players correctly is not backed up by anything concrete.

Think it's the opposite personally. They get by on natural talent through the ranks, and aren't coached properly by our academy coaches.

But when they try to make the step up they can't because of the lack of quality coaching they've received through the years. When mixed in when far better players they flounder and are left behind.

Not sure how anyone could think our academy are doing their job properly. They've been blessed with a ton of quality lads with bundles of talent and they can't get the best out of any of them in senior football.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest what he said. I think he's looking excuses by blaming others as lots of young players do, but I'm certainly not going to stand here and say Koeman Unsworth Martinez etc were great coaches either. The standard of coaching at this club has bern appalling from top to bottom for years.

He can say what he likes. That's up to him. I don't really care either way because he's not our player anymore. I think we need to move on.

What I would say is that there is no way he'd have been recalled with no league goals and no league assists if he still played for everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back