Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha its not that bad!

And genuine question then - do you think that its been a massive help playing consistent, regular football in lower league to Stones? And thats why he is further developed than Barkley when it comes to consistency?

Because I think they are at different stages of their development - and in terms of genuine talent I cant see much between them yet you seem to cut Stones more slack?

Again im not telling you what you're thinking, just enquiring?

I just think Stones reads the game better than Barkley, I think he concentrates more, has more discipline to his game and makes better decisions with the ball.

In what should really have been Barkleys breakthrough year, he's been a big disappointment. Chopping and changing his position hasn't helped like.

And yes, I think Stones definitely needed those games at full back for Barnsley, Ross probably should have stayed at Wednesday a fair bit longer.

I just think Stones reads the game better than Barkley, I think he concentrates more, has more discipline to his game and makes better decisions with the ball.

In what should really have been Barkleys breakthrough year, he's been a big disappointment. Chopping and changing his position hasn't helped like.

And yes, I think Stones definitely needed those games at full back for Barnsley, Ross probably should have stayed at Wednesday a fair bit longer.
I agree with every word of this post, the bit in bold is the main difference between the two.

Playing on the wing doesnt help him but its no excuse for the amount of times he gets caught on the ball or misplaces passes, or just jogs around lazily.

Good thing is he usually turns up against the big teams so hopefully he has a better game against city

Another one of these please Ross

MenacingSnivelingCorydorascatfish.gif

The best players in the world score goals like that. Ross has the ability to be a great. Evertonians expect too much
of him at times. He's very young, has only been a permanent first team player for one full season and has already
had a major injury. Give the lad time and he'll produce...don't you dare sell him Kenwright

The best players in the world score goals like that. Ross has the ability to be a great. Evertonians expect too much
of him at times. He's very young, has only been a permanent first team player for one full season and has already
had a major injury. Give the lad time and he'll produce...don't you dare sell him Kenwright

Exactly this. On the half turn on the halfway line there is only one player in our squad who could turn, run away from his marker and smash one in from 25 yards. There's probably only about 2 midfielders (the other one being Toure) who can do this in the prem. If Stones was playing right back every game he'd be getting ripped on here but because he's in his correct position surprise surprise he plays really well. If we sell Barkley there would be no direct replacement. That is exactly why the fee would be so big for him. The reason we're putting so much pressure on him is because we're already looking for him to win us games now. Him and Lukaku are under massive pressure and they are just kids. If they were playing for City or Chelsea they'd be on the bench coming on making a huge impact and we'd be dreaming of buying them. As it is they play for us and they take dogs abuse for it most games. They will both come good and be world class.

If they can get through this rough patch. Stones, Ross, McCarthy, Besic, Lukaku - is no one else excited about this? When else have we had 5 young players of this quality at Everton at the same time? If we could get Deulofeu in as well that's 6 potentially Champions league class players. The future is bright and selling Ross just derails that. Every other one of those players will see that as a club with no ambition and will look to leave too. This is a golden generation (hate that term, and the results aren't currently living up to it) but if we keep this group together they can do great things for Everton.

We need to be a bit more patient with Barkely. He's just turned 21 after all, I don't expect such young players to perform consistently. He's indeed having an underwhelming period in his game, but the most important is that he's working hard to improve on his game and that will surely be fruitful in the future.

But if I'm completely honest and set my fan heart aside, I'd find it extremely hard to reject a 45 million offer. I probably wouldn't, I'd sell him for that much. Just imagine what we could buy for that kind of money, look how well Southampton have invested that in. But it also has a different atmosphere to see home-grown players in the team, so I'll be happy with whichever decision they make (naturally we won't sell him in January).

Last edited:
i would lose all hope and enthusim if we sold barkley. Not kidding!!

Not being local, it's certainly not the norm supporting everton in my neck of the woods. My boy who has been somewhat told he supports everton, would get a reprieve if barkley went and I'd let him chase the trophies with whichever team he saw fit!!

Last edited:

Add in a keeper and young winger and weve got a very good young team.

Exactly this. On the half turn on the halfway line there is only one player in our squad who could turn, run away from his marker and smash one in from 25 yards. There's probably only about 2 midfielders (the other one being Toure) who can do this in the prem. If Stones was playing right back every game he'd be getting ripped on here but because he's in his correct position surprise surprise he plays really well. If we sell Barkley there would be no direct replacement. That is exactly why the fee would be so big for him. The reason we're putting so much pressure on him is because we're already looking for him to win us games now. Him and Lukaku are under massive pressure and they are just kids. If they were playing for City or Chelsea they'd be on the bench coming on making a huge impact and we'd be dreaming of buying them. As it is they play for us and they take dogs abuse for it most games. They will both come good and be world class.

If they can get through this rough patch. Stones, Ross, McCarthy, Besic, Lukaku - is no one else excited about this? When else have we had 5 young players of this quality at Everton at the same time? If we could get Deulofeu in as well that's 6 potentially Champions league class players. The future is bright and selling Ross just derails that. Every other one of those players will see that as a club with no ambition and will look to leave too. This is a golden generation (hate that term, and the results aren't currently living up to it) but if we keep this group together they can do great things for Everton.

I'll stick up for his ability all day long but the he's annoying me immensely today. Perfectly happy to let the game pass him by, never calls for the ball, seems to almost purposely avoid getting into attacking positions and is content to just do pointless short passes back and sideways and be the new Rodwell. No desire, no passion, no effort... sort it the [Poor language removed] out.

I'll stick up for his ability all day long but the he's annoying me immensely today. Perfectly happy to let the game pass him by, never calls for the ball, seems to almost purposely avoid getting into attacking positions and is content to just do pointless short passes back and sideways and be the new Rodwell. No desire, no passion, no effort... sort it the [Poor language removed] out.

Spot on, he should be giving more, he need to step up a few gears, has he even built up a sweat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back