Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
you deluding yourself he will never be a "great"
Cannot head a ball, cannot tackle, no sense of positional play, no final pass.
I have seen great players mate, and can assure you he will not be one of them.
I would love to be wrong if only for his sake, but I find that the continual comments against all the evide that he his the next great very tedious, agood dose of reality would be good for you.
Fans like you have short memories his goal v Newcastle away last season??? - He is already an England international so you need the reality shake up he is playing out of position for us at the moment - hard to drop Naismith, but we are wingerless at the moment as teams have sussed us out, and stopped our over lapping full backs!

needs a bit of a break to much pressure on a young player at the moment, not helping his game really needs to learn how to but a challenge in.

There is pressure, but he still needs to play.

He wasn't very good today. But he was involved in many of our attacks, picking out some good splitting passes.

He was also very disciplined, which I think people forgot about. His positional play in the midfield was strong in keeping a line.

He's just low on confidence. It'll come.

Fans like you have short memories his goal v Newcastle away last season??? - He is already an England international so you need the reality shake up he is playing out of position for us at the moment - hard to drop Naismith, but we are wingerless at the moment as teams have sussed us out, and stopped our over lapping full backs!

Worst thing that could have happened to him was that goal against Newcastle. Every time he gets the ball everyone expects him to do it again.

Clueless divs by me in the Top Balc keep shouting "do something with it you", when he has the ball surrounded by 3 players and our players standing like statues. Do what with it exactly?

Granted he loses the ball and gets caught under possession, but the level of anxiety when he has the ball is disgusting.

you deluding yourself he will never be a "great"
Cannot head a ball, cannot tackle, no sense of positional play, no final pass.
I have seen great players mate, and can assure you he will not be one of them.
I would love to be wrong if only for his sake, but I find that the continual comments against all the evide that he his the next great very tedious, agood dose of reality would be good for you.

Need a translator for your last comments to be honest.....and for your comments Ive highlighted in bold, I doubt that very much. Ross Barkley hasn't played well for us this season. That's a given. Hes young and has his faults. That's a given too. To ridicule him the way some of the low posters on here have though is a joke.

I just think Stones reads the game better than Barkley, I think he concentrates more, has more discipline to his game and makes better decisions with the ball.

In what should really have been Barkleys breakthrough year, he's been a big disappointment. Chopping and changing his position hasn't helped like.

And yes, I think Stones definitely needed those games at full back for Barnsley, Ross probably should have stayed at Wednesday a fair bit longer.
The championship is too open. He wouldn't develop what he needs to which is passing interplay in tight spaces and defensive workrate.

I think Stones has a better mentality than Barkley. Barkley floats around a lot but seems to panic when he gets the ball and its not obvious what he should do.

He needs to work harder as until he learns that part he doesn't have the right to stroll around like he's Zidane.

i would lose all hope and enthusim if we sold barkley. Not kidding!!

Not being local, it's certainly not the norm supporting everton in my neck of the woods. My boy who has been somewhat told he supports everton, would get a reprieve if barkley went and I'd let him chase the trophies with whichever team he saw fit!!
Not being local I was in the same position as a kid and my dad supported a team in the old 2nd division so I supported Everton....

His team is Chelsea. Oh well they do say evertonians a are born not bread .

He didn't play out of position 1st half. The truth is that too often he's anonymous and doesn't work hard enough so on those occasions he's a liability like the 1st half today. He's our Deulofeu who suffers from the same problem.

Looked like a deer in headlights today. Didn't put in one tackle and was more of a hindrance than help. I was very disappointed with him today, just looked completely out of it. Hoping he can do the same as Rom and come good though!

Worst thing that could have happened to him was that goal against Newcastle. Every time he gets the ball everyone expects him to do it again.

Clueless divs by me in the Top Balc keep shouting "do something with it you", when he has the ball surrounded by 3 players and our players standing like statues. Do what with it exactly?

Granted he loses the ball and gets caught under possession, but the level of anxiety when he has the ball is disgusting.
The thing is they are right. How many times do you see Gerrard, Lampard, Toure, Silva etc passing sideways or back. If he's surrounded by 3 players someone should be open. A top top player can find them even when under pressure. He's been far too safe all season, every now and again we see a flash of his ability but its not enough. I think Roy screwed him up along with being played on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back