Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besic was driving us forward more today than Ross. Him and Mcgeady need to start passing the ball sooner. Times today we had options wide and Ross turned to switch play and ran into trouble. He will learn.

you deluding yourself he will never be a "great"
Cannot head a ball, cannot tackle, no sense of positional play, no final pass.
I have seen great players mate, and can assure you he will not be one of them.
I would love to be wrong if only for his sake, but I find that the continual comments against all the evide that he his the next great very tedious, agood dose of reality would be good for you.

I've been saying this for a while and agree 100%.
I've seen people saying about the great goal at Newcastle but they have short memories what about the one he cost us there over Christmas. I think because of all the hype about him Mattinez feels he has to play him it should be you get into the team basrd on your performance not because of who you are.
I was pleased today with the team effort which is what is expected from now until the lasy game.

There are so many logical reasons for some inconsistent form this season, but given they are likely to be dismissed by many, I won't bother.

But he is still our best player at turning defence into attack and pushing forward from midfield. He's not at his best, but he's still sparking a number of attacks per game.

There are so many logical reasons for some inconsistent form this season, but given they are likely to be dismissed by many, I won't bother.

But he is still our best player at turning defence into attack and pushing forward from midfield. He's not at his best, but he's still sparking a number of attacks per game.

Yep.

Every time he gets the ball, he gets people out of their seats waiting for him to do something. Why? Cos he can.

He ain't gonna do that every game.

It's way too early to say what he may or may not become, he's got lots of learning to do but at the moment I see him as a CM rather than an ACM

Besic was driving us forward more today than Ross. Him and Mcgeady need to start passing the ball sooner. Times today we had options wide and Ross turned to switch play and ran into trouble. He will learn.
As long as its forward he should if the pass is give it. Sometimes I think he stops to look if a holywood ball is on.

He was much better in the 2nd half and I don't think it was any coincidence we also had much more of the ball. But then again City where very good that 1st half.

Tbh I'm not worried about him in possession. He's not Zidane or Gazza but he's always pretty decent with flashes of brilliance. He just needs to work harder because he's bordering on being one of those luxury players that just don't do enough and eventually he will be dropped.

As long as its forward he should if the pass is give it. Sometimes I think he stops to look if a holywood ball is on.

He was much better in the 2nd half and I don't think it was any coincidence we also had much more of the ball. But then again City where very good that 1st half.

Tbh I'm not worried about him in possession. He's not Zidane or Gazza but he's always pretty decent with flashes of brilliance. He just needs to work harder because he's bordering on being one of those luxury players that just don't do enough and eventually he will be dropped.

That Swiss fella, who did he sign for??

He didn't play out of position 1st half. The truth is that too often he's anonymous and doesn't work hard enough so on those occasions he's a liability like the 1st half today. He's our Deulofeu who suffers from the same problem.
Delefeou is far superior at this moment to Barkley

...I think we need to put aside that the lad is 21. Alan Ball was 21 and MoM in a World Cup Final, he came to us and was unbelievable week in week out from that age.

Look back and so many posts start with 'he's brilliant but.......' I became convinced of the talent at Norwich away, until then I was sceptical. He's 21, he now needs to be the best player on the pitch on a regular basis. Flashes of brilliance are fine but he needs to boss games more than he's doing now. Age isn't an excuse.

Ross is a talent, he needs to deliver.

yeah but ball didn't get held back by a triple leg break followed by a manager who held him back for 2 years. he may be 21, but in terms of development, he's a bit further back.

speaking of ball, isn't it so weird how we paid that fee for him over half a century ago and yet coleman in this day and age still cost half that ha. pittance for seamus.

He's been our worst player this season, gets too much protection for his poor performances from fans cos he's a local lad.

His effort, commitment and passion is lacking totally, he's obviously got the talent and will eventually come good, but I think a run on the bench is what he needs by the looks of it.

I'm still glad he's our player, it just looks as tho playing out wide has knocked his confidence a bit. Hopefully he doesn't have to play out there again this season.

no, just no. howard, jagielka and barry have been an utter abomination. ross has been very poor imo, but nowhere near their standard of gashness so far this season.

He is what he is. Frustrating, unaware of things going on around him, often lacksadaisal. But a powerhouse when on the ball and a threat around the penalty area. In a team playing with better movement and more confidence he'd look better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back