Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant believe some are doubting his talent. He's a certainty to be a world class player one day imo. His poor decision making would be helped by a clearer team structure. Our players atm are not playing to a particular pattern and its hurting him.

no, just no. howard, jagielka and barry have been an utter abomination. ross has been very poor imo, but nowhere near their standard of gashness so far this season.

Barry has had a lot of uncalled for flack IMO, Howard has been poor but we knew before this season he had mistakes in him. Jagielka has made mistakes but he has also had decent games and won us points with a couple of goals.

I'm not saying any of them 3 have been miles better than Ross, but, considering the potential he has and how he played in some games last season. This is why I think he's been our worst player.

It's all opinion based obviously.

Need a translator for your last comments to be honest.....and for your comments Ive highlighted in bold, I doubt that very much. Ross Barkley hasn't played well for us this season. That's a given. Hes young and has his faults. That's a given too. To ridicule him the way some of the low posters on here have though is a joke.
you cannot help being thick. but it might be that I missed the last few letters in "evidence" that threw into despair.

I'd love to see him at CM again. He was excellent alongside Besic against QPR, and of course I know it was only QPR, but long term I think that's his best position.

Short term we have no playmaker and Naismith off Lukaku doesn't work. We've seen the Ross/Rom partnership work well in the past so I'd stick with that. He just needs a run of games NOT OUT WIDE and a bit of confidence.

Since supporting,EFC and watching them since 6 years old I feel I have good judgement I would be upset if he was sold I suppose you thought the same about Wayne Rooney!
I have been watching football since 1946, and Rooney is a good player, but far off being a great.
Some seem to think football was invented when the premier league started, I suspect you are one of them.

you cannot help being thick. but it might be that I missed the last few letters in "evidence" that threw into despair.
Say again ??? This is what you put......and mind your manners throwing insults around because people disagree with you. Its debate...when its legible of course.
I would love to be wrong if only for his sake, but I find that the continual comments against all the evide that he his the next great very tedious, agood dose of reality would be good for you.

Worst thing that could have happened to him was that goal against Newcastle. Every time he gets the ball everyone expects him to do it again.

Clueless divs by me in the Top Balc keep shouting "do something with it you", when he has the ball surrounded by 3 players and our players standing like statues. Do what with it exactly?

Granted he loses the ball and gets caught under possession, but the level of anxiety when he has the ball is disgusting.

Haha yeh excuse anyone actually wanting the most hyped up player we've had since Rooney to do something with the ball, thats absolutely disgusting. Poor lad. LOL.

Say again ??? This is what you put......and mind your manners throwing insults around because people disagree with you. Its debate...when its legible of course.
Yes you are definitely thick if you cannot understand that sentence,
!1 I would love to be wrong if only for his sake. meaning.... I would like him to come good.
2 but
I find that the continual comments against all the evide that he his the next great very tedious, meaning I am fed up of people like the poster, I was answering you blow his ability up in the face the evidence to the contrary.
3 a good dose of reality would be good for you. meaning.... I was addressing the poter.
Now I have assisted in the furtherance of your education, go and bother some one else
In other words " go forth and multiply".

Del made us assists and goals or good chances whenever he touched the ball, don't see how you could argue with that!

one's a settled starter for his club, whilst the other is playing for a different club every season.

they both contributed 6 goals last season through goals or assists. yes spain are quite away ahead of england, but one was playing at the WC, the other hasn't even had a cap? del may be viewed as ahead of ross when he was at that age, just not atm imo.

one's a settled starter for his club, whilst the other is playing for a different club every season.

they both contributed 6 goals last season through goals or assists. yes spain are quite away ahead of england, but one was playing at the WC, the other hasn't even had a cap? del may be viewed as ahead of ross when he was at that age, just not atm imo.

They might've both contributed the same, but many times last season Del's crosses were screaming for somebody to get on the end of, and he turned games for us or ran at defenders every time. He always had us excited, and if he didn't get injured he would've contributed far more.

I understand Barkley is a starter for us, but every week people are making excuses as to why he didn't play as well as last season, saying that he's not in his right position etc - which IMO I think is b*ll. Last year we had McCarthy and Barry at CM, with Mirallas Naismith Barkley Lukaku in front with Del switching in. Pretty much exactly the same as this year.

They are also trying to defend his lack of work rate for some reason which I don't understand. Besic probably made more mistakes yesterday than Barkley did, but overall I personally believe Besic was the better performer because of his attitude and commitment to rectify those things. When Besic played a poor 2 yard pass to Barkley, Barkley looked at it trickling out and instead of even attempting to keep it in (which he definitely could've) he turned around whilst the ball was still rolling and screamed at Besic. This is out of order for me.

And whilst I wanted Barkley to play for England just like everybody else, he didn't exactly shine because, well, Woy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back