Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Barkley to stay with us for a long time and become a legend, I really do. We've seen glimpses of his ability but honestly the past few months I've found myself hating him in the side.

It's the same every week, sideways or backwards passes going astray, or running 30 yards... sideways. Wouldn't be so bad but when he loses the ball his head goes down and he barely bothers to try and win it back, it's just like he's saying 'What you waiting for Naismith mate?'.

...Barkley please just make me eat these words.

Looked better in the 2nd half today v City!
He is like Rodwell. Not a WINNER. Eats every ball he gets. Does only play for himself. Give him his own ball so that he can make the clown behind a goal and tell him to [Poor language removed] off.

...I think we need to put aside that the lad is 21. Alan Ball was 21 and MoM in a World Cup Final, he came to us and was unbelievable week in week out from that age.

Look back and so many posts start with 'he's brilliant but.......' I became convinced of the talent at Norwich away, until then I was sceptical. He's 21, he now needs to be the best player on the pitch on a regular basis. Flashes of brilliance are fine but he needs to boss games more than he's doing now. Age isn't an excuse.

Ross is a talent, he needs to deliver.

He was not that bad RB needs width to pass too he and Naismith are playing the same role I.e. Getting in each other's way it's been happening for weeks now!
Oh it was Naismith fault Ross was once again Rubbish, he would be hard pressed to MOM if he was the only man on the pitch.
Wake up he his vastly overrated and a liability most of the time.
Besic will be long remembered, when Ross is forgotten.

Oh it was Naismith fault Ross was once again Rubbish, he would be hard pressed to MOM if he was the only man on the pitch.

Besic was 50/50 for me. Did some good things and plenty of bad things.

However Besic is flavour of the month currently so blinkered views are rife!

Barkley was great second half, dominated possession, looked up and played the right balls.

But the first half he was atrocious. You've got to remember his age though, that consistency will come over the next year or so. But he and Lukaku were the reason City couldn't go full on attack because we were just too dangerous up top in the second half.

Anyone saying Barkley had a terrible game for 90 minutes today are foolish IMO.

Your talking utter dross - RB would look great in that city midfield today-so stupid comments by you will come back to haunt you he will be a E f C great one day!

Your talking utter dross - RB would look great in that city midfield today-so stupid comments by you will come back to haunt you he will be a E f C great one day!
you deluding yourself he will never be a "great"
Cannot head a ball, cannot tackle, no sense of positional play, no final pass.
I have seen great players mate, and can assure you he will not be one of them.
I would love to be wrong if only for his sake, but I find that the continual comments against all the evide that he his the next great very tedious, agood dose of reality would be good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back