Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the u20 match from earlier today and he is the most exciting thing about that team by a mile. He's so direct every time he gets the ball!

Also in the 90th minute he did a double step over followed by a neat through ball into the box and I fell a little bit in love.

Time to throw him in see if he sinks or swims. Rightly or wrongly, Barkley has a reputation for being an outstanding talent. It's no good putting him for the odd game and then taking him out again like Moyes has done in the past.

Start him, and give him a good run of games to see exactly what the lad can do. If he has a bad game in the first few, so be it, but keep him in there and give him time.

For me, the only thing holding him back is his stamina. Too often he looks jaded throughout games, whether this is actually down to fitness or a reluctance to get involved I don't know.

He shows a turn of pace when he has the ball at his feet, he needs to show this sharpness when he isn't in possession. If he added more tenacity (see someone like Wilshire) to his game he could be a fantastic player.

Cos eez de best manager in de werld dats y.

To be fair, it may have something to do with squad depth.

Moyes, meanwhile, has revealed Everton could join the NextGen Series, a Champions League-style competition for under-19 teams across Europe. Alan Irvine, the head of the club's academy, has discussed the possibility of taking the club into the tournament.
Moyes said: "Both Alan Irvine and I are very keen to keep developing our academy and we are considering joining the NextGen Series, which we were invited into when it first started.
"We didn't feel we had the numbers to be able to cope with more games but it's something that I would be keen for us to get involved with in the future.
"The experience of European games would be helpful in the development of the young players."

I hope we get to see him play behind the striker in the attacking midfielder role, so we can make the most of his attacking abilities, creativity and flair but I also think its his position and maybe when he's more mature and developed he can play as a central midfielder but I just don't think he's quite up to playing their yet, would prefer having the central midfielders behind him.

For me, the only thing holding him back is his stamina. Too often he looks jaded throughout games, whether this is actually down to fitness or a reluctance to get involved I don't know.

He shows a turn of pace when he has the ball at his feet, he needs to show this sharpness when he isn't in possession. If he added more tenacity (see someone like Wilshire) to his game he could be a fantastic player.

Not all players need tenacity. Zidane certainly didn't, Zola didn't and many more...Ross ran half way accross the pitch in the 90th min last night to challange a chille player and win the ball. I think he has the natural look of a player jogging around, but he's looked like this from being 16. Now surely if it was a problem, moyes was certainly the type to tell him so and he would of improved on it.

I think whilst obviously he's not a full on "worker" I think he gives the appearance of being lazy like many top players do but I don't think that is the case.

Sounds like Martinez is going to use youth next season from what Kenwright was saying so Barkley will deffo be one of those, maybe even Stones as well with Duffy. Hopefully Martinez will also go after a young player in this transfer window.

I know he is good ect but people get too excited over him.
He hasn't looked amazing in an everton shirt. Gives it away too much as he tries to take 2/3 players on instead of passing.

At 18 it's amazing/depressing how negative you are about Everton.

Moyes, meanwhile, has revealed Everton could join the NextGen Series, a Champions League-style competition for under-19 teams across Europe. Alan Irvine, the head of the club's academy, has discussed the possibility of taking the club into the tournament.
Moyes said: "Both Alan Irvine and I are very keen to keep developing our academy and we are considering joining the NextGen Series, which we were invited into when it first started.
"We didn't feel we had the numbers to be able to cope with more games but it's something that I would be keen for us to get involved with in the future.
"The experience of European games would be helpful in the development of the young players."

Thanks for that mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back