Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does every thread have to end up as a Moyes bash guys. Talk about Ross and how he looks a player.

Why don't you do one. We are talking about Barkley and his development, we cant help it if Moyes comes into it as he part of the development of Barkley as well, someone pointed out why he didn't get in the team? its a debate that Moyes was too loyal to his players to give Barkley a chance. Some of us were in love with Moyes can now see clearly. Love is blind.

This is why Martinez excites me so much.

I see so many comments on other threads worrying about who spurs are buying, if spurs are going to go beyond us if they sell their best player for £85M...even people arsed about what Norwich are spending and worrying we cant compete.

Weve got some absolutely class prospect in our youngsters, Barkley and Stones for me are the standout pair and if theyre given the chance and genuinely make it...how much has that saved us? How much could they be worth?

Sounds to me like RM has walzed into FF and give everyone in the Reserves down a massive boost and a will to progress, purely because they now beleive they will get a chance so theres motivation in spades and we may well see the benefit of that this season and hopefully many more to come.

Dont worry about what other teams are doing, im really excited about this season.

Stones btw will be in the 1st team before Duffy IMO, dont care if he is 2 years younger than him...not even sure duffy will ever make it tbh but we will see.

Seperate note - great to see Gueye ****ed right off out the squad for USA. RM been here less than a month and knows hes dog5hit. People worrying about his signings should note that he can spot a dog5hit player when he sees one and feel confindent.

Why don't you do one. We are talking about Barkley and his development, we cant help it if Moyes comes into it as he part of the development of Barkley as well, someone pointed out why he didn't get in the team? its a debate that Moyes was too loyal to his players to give Barkley a chance. Some of us were in love with Moyes can now see clearly. Love is blind.

wind your neck in lad, bloody keyboard warrior.

wind your neck in lad, bloody keyboard warrior.

Both wind your necks in- we dont talk like that on here and if you do you wont be around long.

Roberto likes him

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-boss-roberto-martinez-5377509

Roberto Martinez believes “diamond” Ross Barkley can make a big impact at Everton this season.

The 19-year-old midfielder turned in a sparkling display as the Blues’ pre-season preparations continued with a routine 3-1 win over SkyBet Championship side Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park on Saturday, and will be looking to make his mark on the Premier League in the coming campaign, having featured sporadically over the past two seasons.

Speaking about Barkley, Martinez said: “He is something special.

“In football when you describe a player, there are not many better descriptions than to say he’s an incredible football diamond.

“He’s still a young man, and he needs to learn the players around him. But I’m excited to have that process with him. He has got an incredible talent. You look at young players like Gerard Deulofeu and Ross Barkley – they are at that level.

“I am really pleased with his attitude, the way he listens and wants to learn. And when he is in full flow, he can be something special.

He added: “Ross is such a talented boy, and has an incredible appreciation of space, that he can play in many positions. Of course you want him as high up the pitch as you can because he can be lethal with his finishing ability.

“But it is about finding the right partnerships around him. At the moment he is a young man who is still learning when to use his talent and when he needs to do things for the team. The early signs have been really good and encouraging.”

Martinez was also encouraged by the form of striker Nikica Jelavic, who netted twice in his first pre-season outing.

“A goalscorer is a goalscorer,” he said. “In modern football, it is a bit unfair to rely on a player to score you 20-25 goals in a season. If you don’t do things well as a team, then you are not going to get the striker in good positions.

“That is what we are trying to develop now. A team that can be strong enough off the ball, a team that can create chances for our strikers to take.

“What we saw today was that Jelavic has come back with a really strong intention to have a good season.

“It is very important in any squad, to have competition. And with Niki, Arouna Kone, Victor Anichebe, Tolos Vellios, the competition for places is fantastic.

“I think what we saw against Blackburn was Jelavic telling us that he is prepared to work hard and help the team. That is what I want to see throughout the squad.

“I was really pleased with the manner he has come back, with the shape he has come back in, and the focus he has shown in his work.

“I am really excited to see in the next three weeks how these strikers go in their claims to start the first league game.”

Everton flew out to the USA on Sunday as they prepare to compete in the inaugural International Champions Cup. They face Italian champions Juventus in San Francisco in their opening game on Wednesday.

“It’s a phenomenal challenge,” Martinez said.

“To play Juventus and the other cup winners from around world football is very exciting, but for us, we shouldn’t forget that we are going there to try to master what we want to be good at.

“It is great to have that opposition, but what we are going there to do is to get better and to try and develop the final parts of our pre-season work, which is incredibly important if we are to start the season well from a physical point of view.”

DM never gave Barkley those platitudes of praise - in fact dropped for giving a pen away at Blackburn - only seen glimpses of him from then on typical DM did the same with Coleman -Just to fit Hibbo in the team his old favourites always got chosen no matter how gash they played JH & Capt. Birdseye in PN! typical examples and oh lets play Osman on the wing etc!

This is why Martinez excites me so much.

I see so many comments on other threads worrying about who spurs are buying, if spurs are going to go beyond us if they sell their best player for £85M...even people arsed about what Norwich are spending and worrying we cant compete.

Weve got some absolutely class prospect in our youngsters, Barkley and Stones for me are the standout pair and if theyre given the chance and genuinely make it...how much has that saved us? How much could they be worth?

Sounds to me like RM has walzed into FF and give everyone in the Reserves down a massive boost and a will to progress, purely because they now beleive they will get a chance so theres motivation in spades and we may well see the benefit of that this season and hopefully many more to come.

Dont worry about what other teams are doing, im really excited about this season.

Stones btw will be in the 1st team before Duffy IMO, dont care if he is 2 years younger than him...not even sure duffy will ever make it tbh but we will see.

Seperate note - great to see Gueye ****ed right off out the squad for USA. RM been here less than a month and knows hes dog5hit. People worrying about his signings should note that he can spot a dog5hit player when he sees one and feel confindent.
The standout players that will be given a chance is Stones, Barkley and maybe even Grant plus Oviedo who could come on for Baines more often.

As much as I want to avoid turning this into a massive Moyes bashing, you've got to think that his style of management has hampered Barkley's development.

Similar to Duffy really, both were given loan spells where they played quite well and then brought back to play in the reserves with the occasional unused sub role, when they really should have gone out for another season on loan, gaining valuable first team experience in the process.

As much as I want to avoid turning this into a massive Moyes bashing, you've got to think that his style of management has hampered Barkley's development.

Similar to Duffy really, both were given loan spells where they played quite well and then brought back to play in the reserves with the occasional unused sub role, when they really should have gone out for another season on loan, gaining valuable first team experience in the process.

Agree entirely. I remember that first game of the season a while back against QPR. I know we were beyond crap overall but even as a mere fan you could tell that Barkley had a touch of class. Two years later he hasn't progressed at all. That's verging on the criminal to my mind.

Even Distin admitted he didn't feel he should have come straight back in after Duffy displays when he did play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back