Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley should have been playing in place of Osman last season, who quite frankly was embarrassing. He's so finished it is unbelievable. I had to laugh when I saw his typical powderpuff shot in the friendly the other day. Even commentators laugh at his shooting nowadays. It was rubbish of Moyes to keep Barkley on the sidelines when Osman was so **** last campaign.

Is this the same Osman who earned his first England caps last season? Yeah right oh love.

I've posted this before, probably in this thread but its down to Ross himself to proove himself. Constantly blaming Moyes is ridiculous.

Since Barkley light up the show with a sparkling performance in an otherwise terrible team performance against QPR he himself hadn't shown much signs of repeating it.

I remember playing Man Utd at home early that same season and Ross came on when we were looking to score and the groans and moans coming from the crowd when he tried things that didn't come off were pretty deafening, a sign that we were expecting too much of him not Moyes.

I've seen him play in three reserve games, possibly four and never once has he showed that desire, flair and intelligence he showed against QPR, he looked lost.

Loan spells came and went, he did OK, I remember reading a Sheff Wed forum and they all seemed to like him, they could see he had talent but certainly weren't all raving about him being Englands next great hope like we do.

I think Moyes has handled him well, kept his feet on the ground, hid him from the limelight. Not overplayed him, again he is still a very young player who missed over 12 months of development due to injuries. Hopefully now we are about to witness all the benefits of this and he is ready to take on the premiership!

Osman's always been like this. He has moments of sheer brilliance, and other moments where you can't understand how he's still playing for us.

Like when he's playing on the wing or dcm ? Unfortunately he seems to have been losing stamina last season, but he's got a lot of strengths as an acm/in the hole imo.

I don't see Ross as being ready to be an automatic starter in our first 11
People say the thing about Ossie
I reckon the two of them will be fighting for their place quite nicely this season. Good competition for both of them, hopefully will inspire improved performances.

Like when he's playing on the wing or dcm ? Unfortunately he seems to have been losing stamina last season, but he's got a lot of strengths as an acm/in the hole imo.
No, when his shots from the edge of the box end up as a gentle pass to the keeper. Don't get me wrong, I like Ossie - but he does have absences every now and then.

Did he sign Baines or did he just help develop him?

We signed Baines for £6m. Absolutely brilliant player but I don't think you can say signing that counts as cheap (can't think of many other left backs signed for more).

Other than Coleman I'm trying to think of great young players signed cheaply.

We signed Baines for £6m. Absolutely brilliant player but I don't think you can say signing that counts as cheap (can't think of many other left backs signed for more).

Other than Coleman I'm trying to think of great young players signed cheaply.

With all due respect mate, when you consider what Kolarov, Cliché, Alba etc went for, Baines at 5 million was very cheap.

Ossie has always been a victim of the boo boys. When he plays centrally & he's on his game, he's a tremendous little player.

When hes on the ball, hes a cracking little player, but he gets pushed off the ball far too easy at times and he people just run past him going the other way.

He ran the show 2nd half on Saturday and has done a few times over the years, but he has his faults.

When hes on the ball, hes a cracking little player, but he gets pushed off the ball far too easy at times and he people just run past him going the other way.

He ran the show 2nd half on Saturday and has done a few times over the years, but he has his faults.

I agree, his main fault being the fact he's only 5ft 7"!

My only gripe with him is on occasion he's gone missing in big games & not played to the maximum of his ability on a truly consistent basis.

la cabra es un hombre muy inteligente y sin errores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back