Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, when his shots from the edge of the box end up as a gentle pass to the keeper. Don't get me wrong, I like Ossie - but he does have absences every now and then.

I suppose we're pretty close to agreement then, I just get a bit defensive for him when people call him turd based on a role as a defensive midfielder, lol. He's a good player, and can still do a fantastic job of breaking the opposition down in the last third imo, although I think he's rapidly getting close to being a 30min impact sub :)

Barkley quite simply has to have a major run in the team at the start of this season. He needs it and Everton need him. He has shown enough now to become a major part of our team, in fact we should be thinking of building the team around him. Osman surely can't be the mainstay of our midfield, yes he has effective games, but he has far too many games were he is weak and goes missing when teams get at us.

I've posted this before, probably in this thread but its down to Ross himself to proove himself. Constantly blaming Moyes is ridiculous.

Since Barkley light up the show with a sparkling performance in an otherwise terrible team performance against QPR he himself hadn't shown much signs of repeating it.

I remember playing Man Utd at home early that same season and Ross came on when we were looking to score and the groans and moans coming from the crowd when he tried things that didn't come off were pretty deafening, a sign that we were expecting too much of him not Moyes.

I've seen him play in three reserve games, possibly four and never once has he showed that desire, flair and intelligence he showed against QPR, he looked lost.

Loan spells came and went, he did OK, I remember reading a Sheff Wed forum and they all seemed to like him, they could see he had talent but certainly weren't all raving about him being Englands next great hope like we do.

I think Moyes has handled him well, kept his feet on the ground, hid him from the limelight. Not overplayed him, again he is still a very young player who missed over 12 months of development due to injuries. Hopefully now we are about to witness all the benefits of this and he is ready to take on the premiership!

Think that was against Chelsea and they went on a break and almost scored.

Which is the biggest thing, and why Martinez has said he needs to play further up the pitch. Because at the moment he's a bit of a liability defence wise or at least losing it in key areas. Moyes eluded to after the arsenal game.

Osman is ken brilliant when on song but truly aweful when he's off his game hes a complete passenger> barkley has the tools to be the next steven gerrard minus being a cnut

When hes on the ball, hes a cracking little player, but he gets pushed off the ball far too easy at times and he people just run past him going the other way.

He ran the show 2nd half on Saturday and has done a few times over the years, but he has his faults.

like every player lad, I think people give him stick because they hear someone else doing it.
Its ridiculous the way people say hes ****e IMO.

Sometimes he does ridiculous balls ect but he is a cracking player like you said

Barkley quite simply has to have a major run in the team at the start of this season. He needs it and Everton need him. He has shown enough now to become a major part of our team, in fact we should be thinking of building the team around him. Osman surely can't be the mainstay of our midfield, yes he has effective games, but he has far too many games were he is weak and goes missing when teams get at us.

as if you've just said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back