Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
There must have been something going on between Moyes and Barkley

Moyes wasn't the perfect manager but he was certainly a very good one and I find it implausible that he wasn't capable of noticing Barkley's upside

There was an agenda going on I think

Maybe he didn't want to risk getting burned again, ala Rooney and Rodwell?

Rooney and Rodwell gave him a brilliant net spend at our club and money to buy players such as Lescott, Mirallas and many more. To be honest Moyes said he only got in the team cos key players weren't available. Maybe he was too loyal to his first team players. Recken Moyes seen Barkley as a luxury player and had age on his time where Osman was experience and doing his job.

Wondering how he is going to play against physical sides. Sometimes seems to get a bit frazzled, but hoping he gets the time to show his class.

Wondering how he is going to play against physical sides. Sometimes seems to get a bit frazzled, but hoping he gets the time to show his class.

Cant see him playing every game but hopefully he get to have another start if he played well in the game before, I really believed he shouldn't have been dropped after the arsenal game.

Cant see him playing every game but hopefully he get to have another start if he played well in the game before, I really believed he shouldn't have been dropped after the arsenal game.

I just want to see him in a run of games so that he's not terrified of making a mistake and being yanked like last year. That run could be sub appearances, just anything that resembles consistency.

In what way do you think he got burned with those two? Didn't we get that all singing 4th spot after we sold Rooney or am I going mad?

And as for Rodwell he hasn't done jip yet at City and we effectively swapped him for Mirralas plus ££££s

I think it was more that these were young players who came up and they "got ideas above their stations" before leaving for one of the Manchester clubs. Maybe Moyes felt that he wasn't going to run the risk of Barkley being another one of those? You put all that effort into nurturing a player and then he skips town, must be frustrating

Just a thought anyway

Last edited:
I think it was more that these were young players who came up and they "got ideas above their stations" before leaving for one of the Manchester clubs. Maybe Moyes felt that he wasn't going to run the risk of Barkley being another one of those?

Just a thought anyway
Rodwell didn't push for a move mate, he just got told a deal been accepted. Rodwell a nice guy and loved playing for us. He was just injured all the time, why we sold him quickly.

The way I read it over the last few days he is a natural replacement for Felli, and if Felli does go as reported nearly everyday then this may be too much to put on the young lad!

Sheeds & Fox may have heard similar, and I'm just relaying it again. I was told by a youth player under Moyes he " never rated any of the young lads, never will and never had".

Sheeds & Fox may have heard similar, and I'm just relaying it again. I was told by a youth player under Moyes he " never rated any of the young lads, never will and never had".

In the interview after the Blackburn game Martinez singled out Stones, Barkley, Lundstram, Long and Garbutt as some of our most talented young players. Hopefully we'll see some of them this season.

Moyes understood the improratnce to himself and the club of the "results side of the business", clealry he was never going to mess around with that if he had a set of trusty golf clubs that got the job done.

Martinez talks well of the youth but now that he has come to a bigger club lets see how the "results side of the business" affects his side selection in the next 38 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back