Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes understood the improratnce to himself and the club of the "results side of the business", clealry he was never going to mess around with that if he had a set of trusty golf clubs that got the job done.

Martinez talks well of the youth but now that he has come to a bigger club lets see how the "results side of the business" affects his side selection in the next 38 games.

Good point, Moyes said the premier league is our bread and butter and he trusted his key players such as Neville and Osman to do a better job then the kids, now that could be true as we seen Barkley play, he did look like a rabbit caught in headlights apart from arsenal and Spurs but that could have been he was so afraid to play football the way he knows.

A lid on twitter got quoted 40/1 on Paddy Power for him to be the PFA Young Player of the Year, when the market opens, ill probably chuck a few quid on that.

I think that in his last couple of seasons at Everton David Moyes had a different approach to his Everton team.

This is not meant as a criticism,he had done wonderful work at the club and we should forever be grateful for what he did in his first nine years as Everton manager.

In his last season or two I think David Moyes realised that his time at Everton was coming to a close,he was now looking outside of the club for his next challenge(I genuinely believe he thought it would be abroad).
His focus switched to making sure his team stayed competitive in the top six at least and thus keep his profile high.
He wasn't prepared to accept the mistakes that all young players make as it could have cost league places in the short term even though it would have had long term gains.
Barkley was a risk,Duffy was a risk and I am not sure there were others that were really ready anyway.

The only hope Everton have of competing as a top four side is by developing it's own talent.
These youngsters will make mistakes and we have to accept this.In the longer term they may turn into premiership players and save us millions.
David Moyes now has a similar problem at Utd ,play youngsters,drop points,lose job.
It will be interesting to see how many come through from their academy from now on,or how some of the youngsters on the periphery slip away.

If Moyes knew he was leaving when he did, he probably had no reason to try and 'bring on' Barkley. He is not going to develop him for the next manager.

Can we hold off from posting crap about our players on public forums (whether it be true or not). Not sure what we hope to achieve by doing that!

Absolutely no way he could have been doing drugs recently, the players who took part at the under 21 world cup had drug tests before and after the tournament.

....nobody is ever linked with buying this kid. Also he was quickly put back in his own age group after being with the U21s and they are hardly a top notch bunch. Being realistic I'd be content if he's our young player of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back