Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being funny mate but anyone who can recognise talent couldn't possibly make that statement. His ability is clear and is only going to get better with games And experience. You never lose natural ability which he has in abundance. It's just a matter of time till it all comes together.

There's no question IMO if he'll make it, the only question is how good he can be. Good player vs brilliant vs world class.

He was very good last night for the U21s - ran the game when he came on. Showed the required determination to make it big this year.

With a fair wind at least as good as Gazza/Gerrard but with a bit of luck Zidane.

It will take time and patience though.

Why, exactly?

Does,nt seem to have much of a football brain for me. He,s not rubbish but I don,t think he has enough about him to be a player that will sell for more than 8M.

The lad has a future in the game alright hope he avoids the distractions of the pitch that present themselves to all lads in his age group both in and out of the game.

As I said, I would love it if he proved me wrong and went on to be some player for us.

Does,nt seem to have much of a football brain for me. He,s not rubbish but I don,t think he has enough about him to be a player that will sell for more than 8M.

The lad has a future in the game alright hope he avoids the distractions of the pitch that present themselves to all lads in his age group both in and out of the game.

As I said, I would love it if he proved me wrong and went on to be some player for us.

I have to disagree on everything you have just said there. I know it's your opinion, and its as valid as most, but, the staff who coach him day in and day out report that his 'footballing brain' is actually in advance of many, many others playing at his level at his age, and he is learning every day. He is quite often 2-3 moves ahead of everybody else on the pitch in his head. he does have an incredibly bright future in the game, and he definately has the mental fortitude to make it.

Not being funny mate but anyone who can recognise talent couldn't possibly make that statement. His ability is clear and is only going to get better with games And experience. You never lose natural ability which he has in abundance. It's just a matter of time till it all comes together.

There's no question IMO if he'll make it, the only question is how good he can be. Good player vs brilliant vs world class.

Giles Barnes was supposed to be a world beater. I would say he was more highly touted than Barkley too. You really never know until they make it or fail (obviously..)

He was very good last night for the U21s - ran the game when he came on. Showed the required determination to make it big this year.

With a fair wind at least as good as Gazza/Gerrard but with a bit of luck Zidane.

It will take time and patience though.

Are you saying with a bit of luck Barkley will be as good as Zidane? :unsure:

I have to disagree on everything you have just said there. I know it's your opinion, and its as valid as most, but, the staff who coach him day in and day out report that his 'footballing brain' is actually in advance of many, many others playing at his level at his age, and he is learning every day. He is quite often 2-3 moves ahead of everybody else on the pitch in his head. he does have an incredibly bright future in the game, and he definately has the mental fortitude to make it.

On the evidence of the games he has played in I would have to say NO, so far. Lunging into reckless tackles, running with the ball across our backline, unware of players around him hence giving up the ball in the wrong areas of the pitch, unforced errors...need i go on.

Think it's a bit silly how he can do no wrong in some peoples' eyes (a lot of people). He gave the ball away on Sunday by over complicating things when there was a simple pass on and then sprinted 10 yards and failed to win it back. This drew a round of applause from the crowd. Any other player, never mind the likes of Naismith or Anichebe would be absolutely crucified for that.

Didn't see the tenacity in winning the ball the? Or the decent through balls he played and 2-3 20 yard balls he pinged out to the wing?

The talent is clearly there. He's just got that thing about him that makes you think he is going to be a special player but he's still far from the finished product. He needs to keep starting games for us that's the only way he will improve.

People are highlighting his potentially big mistakes in any given game as opposed to his audacious pieces of skill in the same given match.
Some of his passes are truly brilliant, and to have his ability in his locker bodes fantastically.
He's 19. He's gonna make lots of mistakes, but we're looking at a player who if he fulfills his potential will be audacious, risk-taking, and exciting.
I for one hope that a fear of him making mistakes doesn't result in him being coached into a purely hard-working, risk-averse player. Let's leave that to the likes of James Milner.

Some people's apprehension over the lad is baffling, he's young and showing signs of pure quality.

And more importantly he's not Phil f*cking Neville.

Some people's apprehension over the lad is baffling, he's young and showing signs of pure quality.

And more importantly he's not Phil f*cking Neville.

There are certain people hoping he won't succeed just to prove Moyes was right in not playing him. They set their stalls when Moyes was here and remain devotees of that cause.

There's little point discussing it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back