Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your saying hes better than Baines mate?
Basically yeah, Baines is gash, we should cash in now.
Leon Osman makes plenty of mistakes and he's had a decade of professional football. Barkley nearly gave away a goal against Betis, Osman came on for twenty minutes against Juve and nearly cost us the game single handedly.
So can we now say about Barkley - "At least he's not Osman"?

It's because of the things he can do with the ball. The majority of Premier League players can't do some of the things that he can, which is why people talk about his potential. The point is if he can improve the weaker aspects of his game, then he's potentially one of the best players in the league. Even though there's no guarantee whatsoever of that being the end result, it's exciting to have the possibility.

Said it far better than I could. He could turn out boss if like you say he can develop and develop the weaknesses in his game. He's just got it, you can see when he has the ball. If he does turn out like he can then we'll have the type of player we can't afford these days, and he's a blue.

It's because of the things he can do with the ball. The majority of Premier League players can't do some of the things that he can, which is why people talk about his potential. The point is if he can improve the weaker aspects of his game, then he's potentially one of the best players in the league. Even though there's no guarantee whatsoever of that being the end result, it's exciting to have the possibility.

Said it far better than I could. He could turn out boss if like you say he can develop and develop the weaknesses in his game. He's just got it, you can see when he has the ball. If he does turn out like he can then we'll have the type of player we can't afford these days, and he's a blue.
Also these.

And there are certain people who overlook the massive flaws in his game simply so they can point out that Moyes was wrong in not playing him.

On Sunday, he should have been sent off and played a ball across his own area which should have led to a goal.

Ross Barkley will become an excellent player, 1 day.

Definitely. But to hold that up as an example of how he'll never make it and ignore the several ace other things he did in that game, whilst ignoring the fact two of our other players that day could have been sent off and a shedload of others gave the ball away repeatedly hints at negative bias towards the player rather than a reasonable opinion.

I can totes get behind some Osman bashing.

For this.

negged-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2066.gif

Definitely. But to hold that up as an example of how he'll never make it and ignore the several ace other things he did in that game, whilst ignoring the fact two of our other players that day could have been sent off and a shedload of others gave the ball away repeatedly hints at negative bias towards the player rather than a reasonable opinion.

I never ignore his good, if you look back, every jarg formation ive ever posted, I put the dub fade in the AM role.

I would play him, despite his flaws.

I still don't feel as though I've seen any examples of Barkley being a top drawer talent but I do like the way he plays the game. His touch is generally immaculate and he seems to have an eye for a killer pass, which is something Everton badly lack. He reminds me a bit of Manuel Fernandes.

He needs to cut those disaster passes out sooner rather than later, but overall I'm happy to see him getting more game time.

At the moment hes trying way too hard, he feels as tho he has to stand right out in order to get noticed, which might be true, if I was Martinez, I would sit the lid down, tell him hes gonna be given a run in the side, hopefully that would calm him down and let him play his game, thats all he needs IMO, a bit of faith and allow him to do his thing.

As soon as he has a run of games them mistakes will be cut out. Seamus Coleman was allowed to make mistake after mistake the first half of last season and keep his place. Look at the lad now, I cant think of many right backs in the league I would swap him for.

Barkley will be fine after settling into the first team. For 2 years he has been terrified looking over at the bench in case Moyes has got the hump with him. The lad just needs games now. Stuart Pierce compared him to Gazza last night incidentally.

He's got bags of natural ability on the ball, but he's now got to learn how to best use that ability & turn it into effective & consistent match day contributions.

For me he looks like a bit of a show pony at present & a potential liability at times, but as has been said, maybe he's trying to hard to impress, rather than just putting in a solid midfield performance.

He's got bags of natural ability on the ball, but he's now got to learn how to best use that ability & turn it into effective & consistent match day contributions.

For me he looks like a bit of a show pony at present & a potential liability at times, but as has been said, maybe he's trying to hard to impress, rather than just putting in a solid midfield performance.

The thing is he's been doing the same things that he was 3/4 years ago and not learning from them. I think he will though and he'll be a very good player for us.

The thing is he's been doing the same things that he was 3/4 years ago and not learning from them. I think he will though and he'll be a very good player for us.

I'd like to see him up his work rate all round the pitch an be a bit stronger in the tackle. You can see he's got it all and will no doubt improve with more game time, just sometimes looks like he's coasting through the game at 60% or waiting for the ball instead of putting a real shift in to win it back.

I agree with you but that natural ability can't be learnt while the rest can, even Ronaldo was fairly ineffective showpony when he first joined Man Utd around Barkley's age. Players like them with so much natural ability can often improve immeasurably between 18 and 24. I'm not expecting him to set the world on fire this season, just a few glimpses of what he's capable of perhaps, but i'm very confident we'll have a hell of a player on our hands in 3 or 4 years time assuming he's still here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back