Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's a bit silly how he can do no wrong in some peoples' eyes (a lot of people). He gave the ball away on Sunday by over complicating things when there was a simple pass on and then sprinted 10 yards and failed to win it back. This drew a round of applause from the crowd. Any other player, never mind the likes of Naismith or Anichebe would be absolutely crucified for that.

he'd be on his arse pretending to be injured though

There are certain people hoping he won't succeed just to prove Moyes was right in not playing him. They set their stalls when Moyes was here and remain devotees of that cause.

There's little point discussing it really.

And there are certain people who overlook the massive flaws in his game simply so they can point out that Moyes was wrong in not playing him.

On Sunday, he should have been sent off and played a ball across his own area which should have led to a goal.

Ross Barkley will become an excellent player, 1 day.

And more importantly he's not Phil f*cking Neville.

FFS. He's not even at the club and we're still using him as a benchmark for the quality needed in CM?

Barkley is without a doubt one of the best 3/4 central midfielders at the club. But that's mostly because we only have 3/4 central midfielders at the club. It's utterly criminal that he wasn't give more games there last years given how short we were and it'll be utterly criminal if he isn't given more games this year given how short we remain.

But what's the point in bringing neville into the argument? You might as well argue that we should play him because he's not brett angell.

He's not at the club any more, let it go ffs.

People need to get over him, frankly.

I imagine they're still hate wanking to his picture.
I used to be one of those people who hated him lots, in fact I'd still say I do, but I can't be arsed with him anymore, seeing as he's not with us now. Those days are gone for good, so that's a happiness that overtakes my hate for him.

Its the same as when people compare strikers to Victor.

Makes me giggle.

I don't mind victor, but yeah it's the same principle. Happens with heitinga, too.

If we have players in our squad who aren't good enough for us then comparing them to someone else isn't a useful standard for judging the second player.

Neville and heitinga in this last season were so poor that there was still a large gap between better than them and good enough. It's not as simple as saying oh he's better than neville or heitinga therefore good enough for us.

It's because of the things he can do with the ball. The majority of Premier League players can't do some of the things that he can, which is why people talk about his potential. The point is if he can improve the weaker aspects of his game, then he's potentially one of the best players in the league. Even though there's no guarantee whatsoever of that being the end result, it's exciting to have the possibility.

Think it's a bit silly how he can do no wrong in some peoples' eyes (a lot of people). He gave the ball away on Sunday by over complicating things when there was a simple pass on and then sprinted 10 yards and failed to win it back. This drew a round of applause from the crowd. Any other player, never mind the likes of Naismith or Anichebe would be absolutely crucified for that.

All players do that tho, people talk on here about him not going to make it because he gives the ball away once or twice in a game lol. All the others including a 25-30M Belgian do it and no one bats an eyelid.

All players do that tho, people talk on here about him not going to make it because he gives the ball away once or twice in a game lol. All the others including a 25-30M Belgian do it and no one bats an eyelid.
I think that's very true.

For example, a certain left back's crossing has been a bit bad in the preseason games, but no one's saying anything...

Leon Osman makes plenty of mistakes and he's had a decade of professional football. Barkley nearly gave away a goal against Betis, Osman came on for twenty minutes against Juve and nearly cost us the game single handedly.

I'd personally be giving more game time to the player who has potential and scope to improve over the player who will at best maintain his current inconsistent form.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back