Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness, I think that even under Moyes this would have been Barkley's breakout season.

But whatever, well played today Ross lid.

He was excellent today.

If he can play that well all season we're in for a treat. So damned pleased that we might finally see him as a regular. Long overdue.

Also the fact that he's take his chance pretty much everytime we start him, does at least show that we're coaching him well. That drop in confidence I feared would come with having a manager who just doesn't rate you, hasn't happened.

Yes it is. Moyes played a pivotal role in nearly ruining this kids development, therefore it's a perfectly reasonable subject in a Ross Barkley thread.

If you're upset about people discussing Moyes' faults on an Everton forum, there's plenty of Man Utd forums where you can sing his praises if you wish.

Otherwise, be quiet and let people discuss what they want to discuss.
hahaha ****ing hell. Bit waspish about this one aren't you?
Its reasonable to talk about the difference in approach and how that seems to have been beneficial for Ross. It seems slightly stupid to say Moyes did his best to ruin him. His approach may have been misguided and may not have been best for Ross, I'm entitled to counter a point I don't think reasonable am I not?
Don't have to worship Moyes to think that some narratives aren't allowed at the moment without them being shouted down. I appreciate I'm swimming against the tide on this one.

i'm bored of hearing Moyes name in every thread too, it's a no win situation is it

It is actually. The solution may be not to visit an Everton forum if you don't want to read people having an opinion on a guy who was the Everton manager for 11 years - in relation to this thread, specifically his impact on the development of a youth player.

It's not like we're talking about nail clippers or something random in every thread is it?

In my opinion, Moyes was undoubtedly responsible for stalling Barkley's impact on the first team, and I think it's very fair to discuss that in a Barkley thread.

Amazing how its not the Moyes police that keep bringing him up at every given opportunity.

Are we meant to airbrush him from history then?

Tell you what, let's not talk about Howard Kendall either. He's not the manager any more after all.

OK, so Moyes nearly ruined his development, and yet he's able to put in that performance after a couple of weeks with the new guy?

Either Martinez is the greatest coach in the history of football, or Moyes came nowhere CLOSE to ruining his development...

hahaha ****ing hell. Bit waspish about this one aren't you?
Its reasonable to talk about the difference in approach and how that seems to have been beneficial for Ross. It seems slightly stupid to say Moyes did his best to ruin him. His approach may have been misguided and may not have been best for Ross, I'm entitled to counter a point I don't think reasonable am I not?
Don't have to worship Moyes to think that some narratives aren't allowed at the moment without them being shouted down. I appreciate I'm swimming against the tide on this one.

You're quite right BMG, Moyes obviously didn't try to ruin Barkley. I think Tubey was just exaggerating though, can't see his comment being serious.

It is actually. The solution may be not to visit an Everton forum if you don't want to read people having an opinion on a guy who was the Everton manager for 11 years - in relation to this thread, specifically his impact on the development of a youth player.

It's not like we're talking about nail clippers or something random in every thread is it?

In my opinion, Moyes was undoubtedly responsible for stalling Barkley's impact on the first team, and I think it's very fair to discuss that in a Barkley thread.

Don't visit an everton forum and talk about the manchester utd manager did you say, oh thanks.

yeah i'd like not hear his name in every thread, when blatantly people were discussing Ross in a positive way about todays game and it still ends up going over the same boring moyes shoite that you can probably find ten pages back. ok mate.

OK, so Moyes nearly ruined his development, and yet he's able to put in that performance after a couple of weeks with the new guy?

Either Martinez is the greatest coach in the history of football, or Moyes came nowhere CLOSE to ruining his development...

It's the impact of having a manager who believes in you.

Moyes didn't believe in Barkley, and he wouldn't have played him.

If Martinez was manager at Everton over the last two years, Barkley would be a lot further progressed in my view, as Martinez is nowhere near as ultra-cautious in relation to youth development.

Natural talent gave that performance today - good management basically hones that talent by carefully nurtured minutes on the pitch in increasing quantity. Moyes didn't do that at all.

Don't visit an everton forum and talk about the manchester utd manager did you say, oh thanks.

yeah i'd like not hear his name in every thread, when blatantly people were discussing Ross in a positive way about todays game and it still ends up going over the same boring moyes shoite that you can probably find ten pages back. ok mate.

The Manchester United manager happened to manage us for eleven years and left only three months ago.

You can't airbrush that from history, and his legacy is still here to discuss and will be for some time. That's just how it is.

I think it's fair to say that Martinez - through pre-season starts and the hammering home of how much he rates him - has built Barkley's confidence back up. Confidence and lack of fear to make a mistake or two is often the difference with young quality players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back