Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad did great today & scored a great goal. I knew I'd log on here & see the Moyes haters in full flow, truly sad IMO.

Martinez deserves credit for starting him & the lad repaid his faith. Before we all get carried away though, he showed last week that he's still got lots to learn & due to his age he's bound to be a bit inconsistent.

every youngster ever has been inconsistent, let's just hope martinez takes the rough with the smooth and keeps the conifdence, not drop him for 2 years. i'm sure he will handle him appropriately

it was so nice seeing ross play in a postion he likes and not being asked to do things that we all know he struggles with.

and also to see him playing with no fear and the team playing with/through him with no fear.

when the team came back on at half time the way barkley was hugged slapped and loved by all the subs more so by naismith along with the way the players on the pitch showed so much trust in him. shows imo that bobby is gonna build a team around ross.

With more game time Ross will blossom. He's one of those rare creatures that actually look like he was built to be a footballer, 6'2" a great upright stance and always aware of whats around him,he just needs time on the pitch to mature and hopefully RM will give him that time.He could also be one to watch for the full England squad in the near future.Like someone posted earlier in the thread our biggest worry could be trying to hold onto him come next summer.

I totally agree with my post from earlier in the week :D

Did he go mad when he scored? I think he did but I can't really remember due to the limbs flying around my front room.

Did he go mad when he scored? I think he did but I can't really remember due to the limbs flying around my front room.

yes, he wanted to rip his shirt off, but remembered that's a yellow and then he literally looked like he didn't know what to do with his limbs. his face was a cheshire cat though

yes, he wanted to rip his shirt off, but remembered that's a yellow and then he literally looked like he didn't know what to do with his limbs. his face was a cheshire cat though

Good to hear that. I thought he'd be one of those who played it cool. I love it when players go mad after scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back